Leidos is currently seeking a full-time Clinical Research Psychologist to support the Health and Behavioral Sciences Program at the Naval Health Research Center (NHRC) in San Diego, CA. This position will support multiple studies in their mission to examine the effects of military service on the health and well-being of servicemembers and their families. The Clinical Research Psychologist will provide expertise in psychological testing and execution of research studies relating to the psychological health of service members. The successful candidate will work closely with the studies’ leadership and stakeholders, including Principal Investigators, funding sponsors, military personnel, subject matter experts, consultants, analysts, and research support personnel as well as professional staff from other supporting research organizations. The ideal candidate will possess the experience and expertise required to provide psychological and behavioral health research support across the full research project cycle. In order to successfully represent the research projects at meetings and conferences the Psychometrist/Research Scientist must have excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate collaborative research with dynamic research teams.
- Administer and score standardized psychological tests (under the direction of the supervising psychologist)
- Assist with the coordination of psychological testing activities for clinical and/or research programs
- Obtain documents, information, and signatures from subjects to complete assessments and evaluations
- Review data to ensure conformance to study protocol requirements
- Maintain current knowledge of DSM-V diagnoses and current psychological measures/ instruments
- Assist with subject recruitment
- Administer surveys and conduct interviews
- Assist with proposal and protocol development and submission
- Review, prepare, and contribute to project materials and reports
- Participate in ongoing trainings related to the proper conduct of research.
- Participate in all aspects of the research design, implementation, analysis, and presentation and delivery of study findings.
- Design research studies; develop hypotheses; and select the optimal analytic approach to addressing hypotheses
- Develop Institutional Review Board protocols and liaise between the Principal Investigator and the Institutional Review Board on comments, questions, and requests.
- Understand and interpret public health-related technical information, and develop public health information for dissemination as needed.
- Identify, review, and evaluate relevant research reports, critically evaluating the methods used and results obtained.
- Participate in exchanging ideas, consulting, and reviewing research with others in the Department and with other researchers at NHRC.
- Prepare internal project updates for study Principal Investigators, the Naval Health Research Center, and study sponsors.
- Summarize research results, prepare technical report and journal articles, present research at professional meetings, and publish results in professional, peer-reviewed journals.
- Develop grant proposal to secure funding from military and other government or private research funding sponsors.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Masters degree in psychology or closely related
- A minimum of 12 months of expertise conducting psychometric assessments
- A minimum of 5 years research experience in psychology
- A minimum of 3 years working with a military and/or veteran population.
- Demonstrated scientific writing skill and ability to publish research manuscripts in peer-reviewed journals and present research at scientific conferences and meetings of professional organizations.
- Demonstrate capability to understand and follow a research study protocol, obtain training and seek assistance when needed, and accurately perform or assess required protocol procedures
- Strong effective and professional communication (verbal and written) and ability to work efficiently with a diverse team of professionals
- This position will administer assessments at military facilities in San Diego. A valid driver’s license, safe driving record, reliable transportation, and proof of insurance are required.
- Due to federal contract restrictions, candidate must be a U.S. citizen and able to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- PhD strongly preferred
- Current Secret Clearance Preferred
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Life Scientist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.