Leidos Corporate Group has an opening for a Data Center Operations Specialist to join our CIO Services team in Sterling, VA. In this role, you will be responsible for the troubleshooting and maintenance of various data center devices including servers, routers, switches, PDUs, and other equipment used within the data center. Additionally, you will assist in creating, updating, as well as following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Change Control Processes and Standards. The successful candidate will work daily within ticketing systems, providing clear, timely, and appropriate customer communications. Selected candidate will periodically join call bridges to troubleshoot and validate infrastructure related issues, and support 3rd party vendor activities.
- High School Diploma and 2-4 years of prior relevant experience in network / systems administration, including virtual server management / deployment.
- Have a strong desire and capability to learn, grow, and develop new skills.
- US citizenship is required and the applicant must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Understand overall ticket management process.
- Working knowledge of computer hardware, and physically able to assist in moving and racking equipment.
- Understanding of networking components and infrastructures, patch panels, and familiarity with cable management with knowledge of how to run fiber and copper in a data center.
- Able to operate material handling equipment such as server lifts and pallet jacks.
- Must be willing to work occasional evening and weekends as required.
- Must be willing to travel as required. Travel is expected to be minimal (~10%).
- Establish and enhance strong working relationships with various internal teams and external suppliers.
- Ability to demonstrate effective team and interpersonal skills, and ability to work with virtual teams in geographically diverse areas.
- Solid time-management and organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task.
- Able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Regular, predictable attendance is essential for satisfactory performance.
- Experience with Windows and Linux/UNIX servers.
- Prior experience with ServiceNow or other ITSM tool.
- Experience with VMWare ESXi 6.5 or higher.
- Understanding of console cables, basic network commands, and SSH/Telnet clients such as Putty.
- Relevant IT certifications in network, cloud computing, or computer systems.
- Previous experience working in a complex high availability data center environment.
- Working knowledge of data center processes and design (power, cooling, redundancy).
- Experience with Data Center asset management (DCIM).
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.