Leidos has an Opening for a Mid-Level Watch Officer to support our customer's mission near Tyson’s, VA. The Watch Officer has the following responsibilities:
- Support 24x7 ODNI Watch activities, working 12 hour rotating shifts, as deemed appropriate by the Government.
- Perform as "Emergency Essential" personnel, remain on duty until appropriately relieved.
- Act as the 24-hour point-of-contact (POC) for the DNI and ODNI personnel in emergencies.
- Monitor intelligence traffic utilizing ODNI-designated networks and databases.
- Monitor and answer all commercial and secure phones related to the ODNI Watch.
- Collaborate and crosstalk daily via phone and electronic mail with IC and CT partners to maintain awareness of issues which may be of interest and significance to ODNI leadership, and provide documentation of all activities and communications in the form of standardized log notes.
- Act as the after-hour courier receiver for deliveries to the ODNI.
- Conduct periodic local and out-of-area visits to interact with IC partners in support of ODNI watch functions as required/time permits.
- Perform various duties of the ODNI Executive Support Office during non-business hours, as required.
- Mobilize to report to designated alternate facilities — local and remote —and execute assigned duties for potentially extended periods of time during emergency situations (actual or exercises).
- Maintain the ability to operate the alternate facilities and demonstrate this ability upon request of the Government (actual or exercises).
- Maintain situational awareness of world events by monitoring intelligence and other USG reporting as well as Open Source reporting via Trident and the internet. Communicate with IC partners to maintain awareness of issues which may be of interest and significance to ODNI leadership.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the ODNI organization and the DNI' s priorities to effectively identify issues requiring/warranting executive attention.
- Alert the ODNI Front Office (FO) and leadership of significant events which may require action by the DNI or any of the ODNI components.
- Forward intelligence reporting to ODNI senior leadership, in accordance with FO guidance. Alert ODNI senior leadership to events and reporting of interest.
- Coordinate distribution and dissemination within the IC for Executive Branch speech review in coordination with the ODNI Executive Secretary.
- Receive and track National Security Council (NSC) meetings, agendas, and read-ahead materials.
- Manage eWASH, WASHFAX, and associated Crisis Management Communications (CMS) system operations.
- Active TS/SCI with Poly
- Experience working with one or more of the 17 IC agencies, DOS, DOD, and/or DOJ.
- Prior watch experience is preferred.
- Ability to support 24/7 watch operations working twelve hours shifts.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the following areas: All Source information including, HUMINT, SIGINT, IMINT, Open Source, and ELINT.
- Familiarity with the functions, policy, and responsibility of the ODNI; and knowledge of IC organizations, practices, and products
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.