Are you a forward thinking technical leader?
Are you interested in working with passionate and dedicated team members who are pushing boundaries in Customer spaces?
Do you have proven AWS cloud experience?
Do you want to help build and improve a Dev/Ops team?
Leidos is hiring a Technical Leader ready to push customer technical boundaries and work with members of a dynamic and fast paced technical program in Washington, DC. Our program has full lifecycle Agile Software Development and O&M for our systems. Our program works to develop and maintain a translation workflow tool to facilitate linguistics for the Intelligence Community.
The Technical Lead will work daily with the Program Manager, Customer and contracting teammates advising on program schedules, milestones, planning and stakeholder engagement as well as validating and developing technical implementation, execution and other program necessities. Additionally, the successful Technical Lead will be hands on researching, building and developing cutting edge improvements for our system.
The Technical Lead will provide hands on interaction and direction with the entire team determining and prioritizing program objectives both present and future. The On-site Technical Lead will coordinate the O&M cycle with the schedule of activities on-site for efficient deployment of upgrades and modifications. The position enacts the protocols prescribed by the software engineering methodology into the physical and virtual workplace environments. The position will also lead the cloud migration and development of new cloud environments.
- Provide technical direction and leadership to a team of Software Developers, Testers, System Administrators, and Database Administrator
- Develop tasks for Cloud Migration and Cloud Enhancement implementing cloud tools to increase value and stability for the customer
- Provides strong technical direction and leadership to both operations team and development team
- Perform engineering studies and prototype for future system and architecture enhancements
- Provide the following engineering practices for the language translation workflow tool:
- Formulate systems or subsystems architecture and design
- Formulate systems or subsystems requirements
- Develop systems or subsystems
- Direct integration of tools / technologies / systems
- Manage agile software development cycles
- Provide strategic vision from a technical and execution perspective adding value to the customer
- Work side by side with the PM to influence, shape and execute customer priorities
- An active TS/SCI with CI Polygraph
- BS/BA Degree and 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters Degree with 10 years of prior relevant experience (in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, System Administration, Cyber Security)
- Cleared at the Top Secret level with the ability to pass a polygraph
- Eight or more years of combined experience as a full stack software developer utilizing JAVA, HTML, C++, Oracle databases and cloud systems engineering/architecture in an Agile development framework
- Experience performing COTS/GOTS integration
- Self-starter with the ability to tackle ambiguous tasks and lead the team to execute contract requirements
- Experience with cloud migration and operation of systems in AWS cloud environments
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work and engage with customers on a daily basis
- Demonstrated knowledge of government cloud systems and architecture on all enclaves
- Experience migrating systems to the cloud
- Experience with Agile Software Development
- Experience with Oracle Databases
- Security+ Certification
- CISSP Certification
- Certification as an Amazon Web Services Certified Associate
- SAFe Scaled Agilist Certification
- AWS Cloud Formation
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.