Leidos is seeking a Help Desk Technician I to provide help desk support for the infrastructure and remediation contractors at the Portsmouth site as well as the DOE site office. The ideal candidate will perform as part of a dedicated and customer-focused IT team to ensure that all end user needs are met.
- Provides first level phone, email and walk-up support for end users.
- Acts as the communication’s point of contact for IT services to and from the end users, providing information on service status, planned outages, and modifications.
- Enters tickets using ticketing system (Track-It) and routes accordingly.
- Uses templates to coordinate complex support with ticketing assignments to multiple IT and Cyber teams.
- Learns common technical problem solutions and provides immediate troubleshooting and resolution when a help request is received.
- Directs tickets for more complex problems to second level support (Computer User Support Technicians/IT System Administrators)
- Informs IT service administrators of site-wide issues to be resolved and coordinates the resolution between the service administrator and the functional users.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures of IT Help Desk services.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
- Maintains related documentation and technical information for Helpdesk processes. Writes user instructions, tips, and general computer use information.
- Knowledge of PC and desktop hardware
- Knowledge in Win10 image/platforms
- Demonstrates the ability to get along with coworkers, end users and visitors.
- Demonstrates a personal commitment to safety and quality.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance at an L level.
- Typically requires a high school diploma or equivalent and at least 2 years of Customer Service experience.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- DOE site experience strongly preferred
- Active SECRET clearance
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Schedule is Monday through Thursday 7:00am to 5:30pm
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Integrated Missions Operation builds trust through an array of energy-related IT, environmental science and engineering solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
Key Programs and/or Capabilities:
- Antarctic Support Contract (ASC)
- Large Infrastructure
- Mission Support
- Digital Modernization
- Command & Control
- Mission Applications
- Energy and Environment
- Engineering Services
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:DOE L
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:SCA Computer Support
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.