Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
TheCivil Group's NISC Air Route Traffic Control Center Program support team is looking for a junior Mechanical Engineer to join our team in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. We are currently implementing a new Critical and Essential power system to modernize and improve the function of the system that provides conditioned power for NAS operations during commercial power outages.
- Conduct feasibility studies and testing on new and modified designs of heating and cooling systems.
- Analysis of related mechanical systems and equipment.
- Coordination of planning, organization, control, integration and completion of engineering projects within area of assigned responsibility.
- Plan and formulate the engineering program; review product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Evaluate and approve design changes, specification and drawing releases.
- Coordinate activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, and resolving engineering design and test problems.
- Prepare and maintain documentation supporting system designs, specifications, procedures, drawings and project manuals.
Requires deep understanding of and ability to apply principles, theories, and concepts of technical issues related to cooling, heating, ventilation, and heat loads associated with power generation other related specialty areas.
- Typically requires BS and less than 2 years of prior relevant experience
- Requires a Public Trust Security Investigation prior to starting with Leidos. To be eligible for PT must either be a US Citizen or a Green Card Holder who has resided in the US for the past 3 years.
Microsoft Office, Autocad, C++, Microsoft Project, Projectwise
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Mechanical Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.