Capture Manager – Business Development & Strategy (BD&S), Capture Operations & Excellence (CO&E), Security Detection & Automation (SD&A) (Civil)
The Security Detection & Automation (SD&A) Operation within the Civil Group of Leidos is seeking a Capture Manager to lead and support high-performing capture teams, responsible for securing existing and winning new business opportunities in the Security Detection & Automation market. The successful candidate possesses technical education and related professional experience, resourcefulness, and motivation to join a cohesive, winning team. The position will report to the Director of Capture Operations and Excellence (CO&E) within the Business Development and Strategy (SD&S) organization.
The Capture Manager is responsible for developing and supporting the execution of the business operation’s overall capture strategy associated with an approved pursuit effort to increase the win probability of new and existing opportunities and projects. Duties include orchestrating a bid strategy, providing oversight for proposal development, conducting market and competition analysis, and creating, leading, and supporting capture and proposal teams. The selected candidate is responsible for following Leidos corporate processes for business development and capture management. This includes working closely with the responsible business development and marketing lead; Bid and Proposals (B&P) team; maturing an opportunity from identification into capture and proposal phases; assembling and managing a capture team to successfully bid and win contracts; contacting and interfacing with existing and new clients and partners; communicating the organization’s core capabilities; establishing internal and external teaming; and managing bid and proposal funding.
Additional responsibilities include: collaborating with internal stakeholders, business development and operations team members, as well as customer leadership and external stakeholders; working collaboratively with team members regarding solution design, process and/or approaches; participating on or leading opportunity gate reviews, black hat sessions, win theme and discriminator workshops, proposal and program reviews, and lessons learned activities; communicating status, resource needs, capture strategy, and recommendations to executive leadership; overseeing the proposal phase of the opportunity to ensure successful delivery to the client; contributing feedback and innovative ideas to the team in support of continuous improvement; communicating and supporting the Leidos capture process for all opportunities, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Master’s degree with 6+ years of prior relevant experience
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as effective collaboration and inclusive leadership skills
- Familiarity with federal, civil, and commercial acquisition types, processes, and tools, including Shipley Proposal (or similar) processes
- Demonstrated skills in areas relevant to business development including: opportunity qualification, capture strategy, customer and industry collaboration, and team leadership
- Experience in capturing and winning business development opportunities with emphasis on opportunity qualification, stakeholder engagement, solution development, and proposal submission
- Proven record of success managing and winning capture efforts within the Security Detection & Automation market
- Experience in the development of and successful negotiation of teaming agreements
- Experience in the development of competitive pricing strategies and associated cost proposal
- Experience with the development of commercial proposals
- Experience working with international teams and willingness to work long hours and weekends, if required
- Familiarity with Leidos Win Plan process
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Capture Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.