Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Be part of a dynamic team in providing legal and technical services to support the Department of Justice. From emails and instant messages, to electronic devices, and social media systems, we’re equipped to meet the challenge of forensically capturing, reviewing, and illuminating the “smoking gun” evidence. Join us and make a difference!
The Mega 4 Litigation Support Team at Leidos currently supporting the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) in Washington, DC has an opening for a Senior Paralegal to work in a downtown Washington, DC DOJ office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the U.S. Department of Justice achieve their mission.
We are a fast-paced group tasked to provide innovative solutions by utilizing technologies that are defensible, efficient, and that present our customers with the knowledge they need to defend their positions. We enjoy a high level of autonomy and exposure to all parts of the Leidos organization. We are customer-obsessed and always strive to provide the best professional experience while driving the most value for Leidos.
- Must be able to work onsite 5 days a week in Washington, DC (once temporary Pandemic Remote work is over OR when asked to return in the office).
- Hours of operation: 8 hour days to be worked between the hours of 8am and 6pm Eastern Time.
- Works under the direction of a Project Supervisor OR Supervisory Paralegal.
- Conducts database research as outlined by a Government paralegal or attorney onsite at a Government Agency.
- Engages in a variety of tasks ranging from repetitive to those calling for judgment and independent initiative.
- Provides research and litigation support to attorneys.
- Assists with document review, maintaining case files, preparing filings for the court, privilege review, deposition summaries, and preparing exhibits/binders for depositions and trial.
- Assists attorneys in courtroom.
- Assists attorneys in preparing for all phases of litigation, including pretrial discovery, motions, hearings, and trial.
- Reviews documents for relevance and privilege according to established guidelines and criteria.
Verifies case citations and legal references, develops tables of contents and tables of authorities for briefs, and ensures that formats of documents to be filed with the court meet applicable court requirements.
- Requires sound working knowledge of legal system and legal principles, concepts, practices, and standards.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, OR equivalent experience/combined education.
- Should have hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including word processing, database, and spreadsheets.
- Requires paralegal certificate. An equivalent level of legal training or experience may be substituted with the approval of the COR.
- At least two years of litigation paralegal experience required; trial experience very helpful.
- Automated litigation support experience valued.
- Must have basic legal knowledge, including knowledge of standard legal citation to cite check legal motions and memorandum and must have sufficient experience with legal research tools such as LEXIS and Westlaw to perform basic legal research.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust security clearance.
- Relativity experience.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:SCA Paralegal
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.