Leidos is looking for a Configuration Management Solution Lead to join a high performing agile team using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology to support a nationally significant and fast-paced cryptographic key management program. Program execution follows DEVOPS best practices and employs robust development, test and production environments. We are using Test Driven Development (TDD) and test automation tools alongside a full suite of team collaboration tools. Leidos is the prime contractor providing system engineering, development, test, integration and operational support. The multi-year program is focused on injecting new technology and adding advanced capabilities while continuing to support an on-going mission and operational system.
The selected individual will be responsible for providing technical leadership and for delivering an innovative solution to address a complex DEVOPs configuration management system through tools integration and traditional configuration management processes. The individual will provide technical leadership of the configuration management organization and be responsible for the overall program configuration management systems to include quality & data management, technical configuration management and policy, process and audits. The ideal candidate will have recent, comprehensive experience in developing complex technical solutions and leading tool integration efforts for system configuration management with a background in traditional configuration management processes. He/she will be an agent for change and must possess high energy, have a passion for configuration management, and be self-motivated. The environment demands the ability to quickly establish solid working relationships with coworkers and customers to effectively integrate into a complex technical program with many moving parts.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
- Technical Leadership Roles & Responsibilities
- Provides technical leadership of the program Configuration Management organization and brings DEVOPs thinking to traditional configuration management (CM) processes
- Responsible for providing technical leadership and for delivering an innovative solution to address a complex DEVOPs configuration management system through tools integration and traditional configuration management processes
- Responsible for leading a team to integrate new and existing COTS products to build a brand new, innovative CM system across a diverse technology stack that support program DEVOPs processes while enabling configuration management
- Responsible for the program CM processes to include quality & data management, technical configuration management and policy, process and audits
- Responsible for all CM activities across the program including software, hardware, system/node configurations as well as logistics/asset management and data management
- Ultimate responsibility for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the CM area of responsibility
- Work with program Quality Assurance Lead to develop, implement, and enforce a system CM audit process
- Communicates with other program personnel and Leidos and Government leadership regarding matters of significant importance to the organization/project
- Traditional CM Roles & Responsibilities
- Owns and maintains the CM Plan (CMP) throughout the life of the program
- Oversees activities of Configuration Control Board (CCB)
- Participates in customer CCBs and release planning meetings
- Prepares agendas for and conducts configuration audits to validate the contents of CM libraries against CCB-approved changes and ensures the audit is brought to closure
- Defines and communicates CM process and scope of CM activities
- Ensures that the team receives information, training and guidance regarding CM procedures
- Establishes and enforces the CM policies and procedures
- Establishes the practice and standards for configuration control, Configuration Status Accounting (CSA) and reporting
- Identifies needs for CM tools and ensures a plan is in place to build or acquire these tools in alignment with the overall master schedule
- Identifies CM measures for internal performance monitoring and ensures that internal and customer CM measures are collected, analyzed and reported
- Ensures that data is handled and stored appropriately across the program
- Resolves issues with the program team concerning CM activities or escalates as required
- Ensures that documentation information is available and suitable at point of use
- Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- At least fourteen (14) years of experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity is required. Of which, the following additional experience is required.
- At least seven (7) years working in CM for a software program
- At least three (3) years working in CM or other related technical disciplines on a large development program
- At least two (2) years working on a COTS Tools Integration project
- At least three (3) years working in a leadership position for a team of 10 people or more
- Experience developing innovative approaches and solutions and leading COTS tool integration efforts
- Leadership experience in a CM, Quality Assurance, Change Management, and/or Audit role, particularly on a large system
- Must have experience developing and maintaining installation procedures and documenting standard configuration settings for hardware and software systems
- Must have experience tracking software, hardware, and configuration status for software development systems, test environments, and operational sites
- Ability to multi-task, complete tasks without direct supervision, and function effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work and communicate with and adapt to personnel at all level and from technical disciplines (software developers, test engineers, system engineers, etc.)
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, & Project)
- Must be an independent thinker capable of working proficiently independently as well as within a team
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Experience working on an agile program and team
- Extensive experience with large, geographically diverse programs/systems
- Ability to support limited local and domestic travel
This position is eligible for an increased sign on bonus of $20, 000. Please visit careers.leidos.com/CSS20k for details and a full list of eligible opportunities.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Configuration Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.