Leidos currently has an immediate opening for a Surface ASW Trainer and Testing Analyst, supporting multiple US Navy programs located in Manassass, VA. Leidos’ High Fidelity Simulation Business Area is responsible for architecting and implementing large-scale System of Systems solutions in support of world class simulation, training, and analysis products for the US Navy. We are looking for an energetic, motivated, independent, self-starter for a challenging position supporting a dynamic organiuzation that develops and produces state of the art training systems. This position requires US citizenship and a DoD Secret security clearance.
You will develop and evaluate training programs for the surface community of the US Navy utilizing Leidos’ SAST, CIAT, ATET, or CIAT to Sea trainers. You will be the training subject matter expert and lead which is responsible for the support the development, testing, and delivery of acoustic training systems for the Advanced Capabilities Build (ACB) program of the SQQ-89A(V)15 sonar system embedded trainers. Your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
• Participate in systems engineering activities for high fidelity, supercomputing based, acoustic trainers. These activities include one or more of the following: Learning Objective and Course Content Creation; Concept of Operations Formulation; Requirements Definition, Analysis and Engineering; System Architecting; System Analysis and Design; Interface and Data Architectures Definition; System Integration and Test; Validation and Verification; System Installation; System and Operational Performance Analysis; Lifecycle Cost Analysis and Estimation; and Decision Analysis and Resolution.
• Evaluate and test trainer capabilities
• Interact with internal developers as well as external tactical development team members, US Navy schoolhouse personnel, and military and civilian DoD customers to ensure that trainer requirements are captured and designed into the trainers
• Participate in the installation of training systems
• Train the trainers responsible for operating the training systems
Travel is required to test sites and US as well as FMS supported ships, and will account for about 25% of the job.
• Must have 12+ years of subject matter work experience (with HS diploma) or 8+ years of subject matter work experience (with BS/BA degree). Subject matter experience must be obtained through prior related military experience.
• Must have past experience with, and demonstrate the skills and capabilities to successfully execute the duties and responsibilities of this position
• Must have specific subject matter expertise in ARCI or SQQ-89 (ACB13 or newer) Sonar system operations.
• Must be comfortable working directly with software developers and conducting software testing.
• Must demonstrate a general commitment to excellence, a dedication to producing quality work results, and be committed to customer service. Must be well organized, able to plan and prioritize assignments, able to effectively handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and able to work in a fast paced environment under deadlines.
• Must be a flexible, positive and energetic team player, able to work successfully in a team environment, able to work with minimal supervision, able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, be courteous and professional when interacting with colleagues and customers, demonstrate a solid ability to identify and solve problems, and able to learn and apply new skills.
• Must be able to utilize Microsoft Windows and Office products in support of day to day tasking.
• Military experience in Undersea Warfare as a surface ship acoustic operator (STG), a fast attack or guided missile submarine acoustic operator (STS), or junior officer
• Acoustic Intelligence experience
• Afloat Training Group (ATG) member
• Software testing experience
• Experience with Linux
• Experience with Atlassian Products
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Technical Trainer
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.