The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a Senior Program Manager in Bethesda, MD.
The Senior Program Manager (PgM) will be responsible for overall program and Task performance management and assist in the day-to-day management, development, and maintenance of Leidos business performed within select HHS programs. The PM will be responsible for leading efforts to achieve business and operational results that are aligned to the Government Health & Safety Solutions Operation’s Annual Operation Plan (AOP) and outlook.
The HHS portfolio includes but is not limited to software design and development services and COTS based application development; custom and COTS software maintenance support; public website design, development, integration, and maintenance support services; intranet integration services; enterprise data warehouse development, workflow application development; training; infrastructure engineering and operations; and help desk services.
- Manage assigned projects in the area of infrastructure/cloud migration and data center operations, focusing on project staffing, scheduling and the on-time delivery of systems in an Agile development environment;
- Drive the Data Center / Cloud Operations by establishing processes, SLAs and metrics for Cloud platform.
- Report to senior leadership on key business, operational and client satisfaction SLAs and metrics
- Manages day-to-day operations of Cloud Services including software deployment and upgrades, system setup, system administration, monitoring, incident resolution, problem management
- Work closely with stakeholders including project management, application hosting, infrastructure engineers and customers on cloud operations roadmap, influence on key aspects and drive possible initiatives to accomplish them
- Provide recommendations for operating in multi-cloud/hybrid cloud environments and services
- Work with the team during incidents and root cause analysis reviews
- Perform application portfolio analysis to identify candidate applications and workloads for migration to the Cloud
- Support the implementation and capabilities of security controls
- Drive innovation and integration of new technologies into projects;
- Actively participate in calls, meetings and presentations with co-workers and high-level representatives from partner companies and vendors working on the program;
- Assist is building a culture grounded in the highest standards of ethical and respectful behavior;
- Establish, document, and manage the scope, schedule, and resource allocation across all tasks and sustaining activities to ensure successful project execution;
- Will be responsible for Compliance as it relates to policy, strategic plans and overall direction across program;
- Responsible for all program reporting including Scope Management, Funding and Expenditure, Risk Management, Staffing, Performance Requirements, and Quality Assurance among other required reporting that may be needed;
- BA/BS or equivalent experience and 10-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 5-8 years of prior relevant experience in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field;
- PMI PMP or equivalent certification required, PMI PgMP certificate desirable
- Prior experience in Program Management or Service Delivery management role for a large infrastructure management, data center operations or cloud migration teams.
- Prior experience managing/leading federal contracts;
- Expert level in Infrastructure & Application architecting on AWS Cloud, Microsoft Azure technologies and services.
- Has strong experience in migration from on-prem data center to AWS Cloud and/or Azure Cloud with related cloud services
- Demonstrated experience effectively engaging a diverse workforce of employees and subcontractors for effective and optimized resource utilization.
- Proven ability to positively influence change at different levels of the organization.
- Ability to communicate both technical and non-technical information clearly and succinctly in discussions, presentations and answers to questions from customers
- Ability to obtain/maintain a U.S. Government Public Trust
- Must have led large AWS Cloud, Microsoft Azure cloud migrations
- Should have ability to provide expertise to customers on cloud security
- Excellent knowledge of cloud computing technologies and current computing trends.
- Deep understanding of Data Protection, Cloud Availability, Backup & Restore solutions
- Experience with the Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) Standards.
- Prior experience supporting HHS divisions;
- Knowledge and awareness of industry best practices in program and project management, CMMI, ITIL, and other areas relevant to high maturity planning and execution
- Experience with breaking into new accounts / customers through effective capture tactics
- Experience in turning troubled programs into high performing programs
- Experience in the development of winning proposals
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.