The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation currently has an opening for a Program Portfolio Manager to lead a large business area consisting of over 200 professionals to support large complex IT systems for our customer, the Social Security Administration (SSA) under the ITSSC II vehicle.
The Senior Program Manager must have a background in successfully collaborating with multiple Federal agencies and with a variety of customers and customer stakeholders. The candidate must provide leadership to invigorate innovation and learning within their team. The candidate must be willing to drive smart change in an effort to change the culture to one that is collaborative and innovative in an effort to provide our customers with optimal solutions that meet their strategic goals.
The candidate will be responsible for meeting or exceeding customer expectations. The candidate will be expected to
collaborate closely with functional business areas (HR, contracts, subcontracts, BusOps, Quality Assurance and Program Execution) and be responsible for meeting all business area goals and objectives. The candidate will be expected to provide oversight for all day-to-day operations of the program. In doing so, the candidate must be well organized and collaborate with the Director of Operations, Leidos Program Managers and Technical Leads to ensure the program achieves desired outcomes.
- Management throughout the program life cycle by planning the overall program and monitoring the progress on a daily basis
- Maintain organizational standards of satisfaction, quality, and performance
Oversee multiple project teams, ensuring program goals are reached
- Work closely with project sponsor, cross-functional teams, and assigned project managers to plan and develop scope, deliverables, required resources, work plan, budget, and timing for new initiatives
- Manage program and project teams for optimal return-on-investment, and coordinate and delegate cross-project initiatives
- Identify key requirements needed from cross-functional teams and external vendors
- Develop and manage budget for projects and be accountable for delivering against established business goals/objectives
- Work with other program managers to identify risks and opportunities across multiple projects within the portfolio
- Analyze, evaluate, and overcome program risks, and produce program reports for management and stakeholder
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years or prior relevant experience. Generally has 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
Applicant must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as proficient with MS Office
Other key areas of skill, expertise and experience include:
• Federal Contracts
• Building a Team, Recruiting Staff, Developing Staff
• Public Health or Health IT
• Project Management Professional certification or willingness to complete within one year
• Agile Development Methodology Expertise (preferred)
• Engineering and Management Processes (e.g. CMMI)
• Software Development Lifecycle
• Risk Management
• Process Improvement
Position requires the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.