Hardware Technician (HT) Skill Level 2
The Hardware Technician provides Tier 2 and 3 on-site and remote support for computer workstations, servers, printers, peripherals, network switches, routers, telecommunication and teleconferencing equipment.
The Level 2 Hardware Technician (HT) shall possess the following capabilities:
- Troubleshoot, repair and test computer workstations, servers, printers, peripherals, network switches, routers, telecommunication and teleconferencing equipment.
- Install and configure computer workstations, servers, printers, peripherals, network switches, routers, telecommunication and teleconferencing equipment and associated cabling.
- Maintain government and/or vendor-manufactured telecommunications equipment, fiber optic modems, multiplexer, fiber optic/ethernet cables, switches & telephone systems.
- Provide system level support, to include configure, integrate, test, install, operate, troubleshoot, maintain and repair for Plain Old Telephone Systems (POTS) and Private Branch Exchanges (PBX) including switches, infrastructure, related telecommunications trunk circuits, voicemail and telephone units.
- Provision configure, integrate, test, install, operate, troubleshoot, maintain, and repair (system level) enterprise VOIP phone systems including VOIP phone units, voicemail and the Call Manager System
- Provision configure, integrate, test, install, operate, troubleshoot, maintain, and repair (system level) Video Teleconferencing Equipment (Currently Cisco Telepresence devices)
Minimum of five (5) years of experience supporting the requirements listed above.
Contractor shall currently possess and maintain the following certification:
Computer Technology Industry Association - A + (A +)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.