The Life Sciences Operation of the Health Group of Leidos is accepting applications for possible future Biomedical Life Scientists who will provide scientific, technical, and administrative support to the Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs (CDMRP). The CDMRP supports research projects within a broad range of medical research fields and military health. The Biomedical Life Scientist will work across several medical and/or military research programs in support of various clients at the CDMRP. This is NOT a laboratory research position. This position requires a U.S. citizen in order to obtain a U.S. Department of Defense security clearance. This position is located in Frederick, Maryland. Some local travel is required.
- Planning and execution of a variety of scientific meetings
- Development and tracking of schedules for tasks and deliverables
- Providing scientific and administrative note taking support by recording critical information from scientific meetings and writing comprehensive meeting reports
- Drafting scientific materials, including research highlights, meeting summaries, and funding opportunities
- Conducting analyses of funding portfolio data and research outcomes and assembling data to prepare tables, graphs, and slides
Successful candidates will possess:
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Strong scientific writing skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience using IT data management systems
A Master's degree from an accredited college or university in biology, life sciences, or a related discipline, with 1-2 years related experience is desired.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Life Scientist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.