Leidos has a Senior Financial Analyst opening in support of the FAA Customer on the NISC IV program.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the preparation management of the monthly Estimate At Complete (EAC) forecast process and the facilitation of the monthly Task Order Reviews. Will help the program with the detailed monthly invoice for the FAA customer. Significant interface will be required with the program manager, task order managers, contract management staff, project accountants, customer, senior technical personnel, project finance lead, as well as other functional organizations. In addition, will participate in the financial planning, tracking analysis, and reporting of the program financials, as well as support requests from the FAA customer.
The responsibilities include:
- Participates in the monthly development and maintenance of Estimates to Completion (ETCs) and Estimates at Completions (EACs) for the NISC IV program.
- Develops recommendations to improve the forecasting accuracy.
- Assists in the preparation of the detailed and accurate monthly invoice for the FAA Customer. Provides thoughtful invoice substantiation and back-up support to delineate charges.
- Develops recommendations to improve invoice accuracy and cost substantiation.
- Supports cash goals of reducing total cycle time for invoicing and collections.
- Provides travel support, including effective auditing and invoice cost substantiation.
- Completes monthly cash flow, profitability, unbilled, and other reconciliations and analysis for the program.
- Supports the NISC F&BO team with the tracking of billing lags and journal entries.
- Monitors and resolves withheld invoice lines, including tracking down of required time card corrections
- Helps Task Order Manager with task order development and pricing activities.
- Provides financial and program support to the task order managers in regions and headquarters.
- Generates and submits weekly accounting journal entries for the program, including reclassification of overhead charges and travel charges.
- Supports ad-hoc cost reporting and performance analysis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Information Management Systems or related degree.
- 4-6 years of prior relevant work experience.
- Candidate must be able to perform functions such as financial planning, financial analysis, and general accounting. Must be able to extract data from multiple sources and effectively summarize the current financial position of the program.
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of the project finance field and the ability to complete difficult and complex assignments. This position requires a problem solver that can pull together knowledge from a broad range of subjects to produce thorough analysis of multifaceted, challenging issues, and use those analyses to find solutions.
- Be committed to customer service, be well organized, be able to plan and prioritize assignments, and be able to successfully handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, be courteous and professional.
- In order to be successful in this position, the candidate must have the ability to work with remote teams and in a fast paced environment.
- Must have proposed and implemented project/program improvements.
- Candidate must have a strong background in the entire Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis on Excel, particularly in the development of formulas, v-look ups and macros.
- Demonstrate advanced analytical skills
- Have or be able to obtain Public Trust Clearance
- Expertise with current Leidos financial policies, procedures and applications. Proficient with Leidos standard tools for project finance, such as Excel, Costpoint, OBI, Fusion, etc.
- Proficient with the NISC tools such as NIMS, ITT, NIAT, CET, and NED.
- Experience in customer communication and financial presentations.
- Experience working in a Matrix Organizational structure
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Program Financial Control
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.