Come and join the Leidos SENS3 Vulnerability Assessment Management (VAM) team in Lorton VA. Participate in the vulnerability assessment of new and refreshed DHS sites and capabilities leading up to an Authority to Connect (ATC). Learn from other Information Assurance experts and have the opportunity to further develop your career in other Information Assurance domains. Our team is located in Lorton VA (Leidos location).
Work in the SENS3 information assurance team performing the following primary duties:
- Assessing new site installations
- Performing vulnerability scans to include analysis of results, identification of false positives, exceptions, and subsequent POAMs working with Engineering
- Plan of Action Milestone (POAM) creation and execution with Engineering
- Reporting to include POAM status and contributions to Monthly and Quarterly reports
- Scanning and Operations Support to include supporting the test/scanning environment, licensing, target asset refreshes, and credentials
Secondary duties may include:
- Creation and/or update of site security plans
- Evaluation of new scanning tools
- Resolution of scanning tool discrepancies
- Use of RSA/Archer for POAM management
A candidate selected for this position must have the following qualifications:
- Possess a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field and 4-8 years of relevant information assurance experience with at last one year performing vulnerability assessments
- Have a TS/SCI and be granted a DHS Entrance On Duty (EOD)
- Have experience with at least one of the following scanners: Nessus, Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP), SteelCloud ConfigOS
- Have experience analyzing scan results to include the identification of false positives, exception processing, POAM creation and execution/tracking
- US Citizenship is required for this position.
- Previous experience with DHS
- Two or more years of previous experience in this IA discipline area
- Experience with multiple scanners
- Demonstrated leadership skills with coaching Engineering in the creation of POAMs
- Experience maintaining a scanning environment
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Information Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.