Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
We are seeking a motivated Procurement Manager who can work independently and as part of a team in a dynamic environment covering routine and non-routine matters.
Working independently, the Procurement Manager will bring their procurement experience into the Procurement team and will be responsible for activities that span the entire procurement cycle –proposal, sourcing, negotiation, administration, compliance, risk management and relationship management of supplier contracts across the UK business. The Procurement Manager will typically be responsible for reviewing the work of lower level professionals for compliance and best practice.
Acquisitions will be in support of civil and defence new business proposals and current programmes as well as indirect procurement activities. The successful candidate will be required to work with suppliers to support the UK business whilst following the procurement processes and procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Negotiates acquisitions of materials, software, services, and maintenance and support requirements to deliver savings to the business
- Applies procurement knowledge and professional procurement practices to business requirements to drive effective procurement approaches.
- Creates complex RFP solicitations in accordance with Leidos requirements.
- Evaluates supplier proposal responses.
- Conducts price and cost analysis.
- Negotiates pricing and terms/conditions with suppliers.
- Administers orders of various types and complexity.
- Identifies and resolves difficult issues and problems on assigned purchase orders and make recommendations to management.
- Analyse risks and identify risk mitigation, manage the mitigation activities
- Acts as primary interface between supplier and the business for all supplier related issues.
- Interact and influence stakeholders on procurement approaches
- Must have the interpersonal skills to deal effectively with supplier related issues of varying degrees of complexity and work issues to resolution.
- Support management as directed
- Hold or be able to hold UK SC clearance
- CIPS or studying for CIPS (or equivalent)
- Experience negotiating terms and conditions
- Successful track record of managing a variety of procurements, interfacing with internal customers, other functional support staff, and suppliers.
- Strong organisational, written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently, establish priorities, and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in the bid and new business proposal phases of a programme.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills, strong time management skills and the ability to prioritise work.
WHAT DO WE DO FOR YOU?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.