The Government Health and Safety Solutions (GHSS) Operation is seeking a Sr. Cloud Solution Architect, in the Bethesda, MD area.
The Sr. Cloud Solution Architect will support multiple opportunities in the HHS federal agency customer area to provide technical oversight of existing applications, databases, storage, networking infrastructures in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud for a large existing data archive program. The candidate will manage a team of cloud engineers and administrators and evolve the current system architecture to scale the number of system users, external data types and sources, and system storage. The candidate will also be responsible for improving and maintaining the current system security posture. The candidate will help in multiple growth opportunity in HHS area.
The HHS portfolio includes but is not limited to software design and development services and COTS based application development; custom and COTS software maintenance support; public website design, development, integration, and maintenance support services; intranet integration services; enterprise data warehouse development, workflow application development; training; infrastructure engineering and operations; and help desk services.
- Direct cloud engineering staff and participate in DevSecOps sprint planning, scrums, and retrospectives
- Support system roadmap for cloud-related initiatives
- Manage, operate, and maintain a large data archive system and storage in AWS
- Lead the application migration from on-prem data center to AWS Cloud with related AWS cloud services by defining SOPs for a standard repeatable cloud migration process
- Ensure system meets and maintains FISMA Moderate controls for confidentiality, availability, and integrity
- Plan, design, develop, test, and implement future capabilities to scale the current system to double the current user base and system storage requirements
- Investigate new opportunities for technology insertion for new cloud services, governance, and change control
- Develop system processes and procedures to onboard additional data sets
- Maintain and update system disaster recovery plan
- Deliver AWS cloud architecture solutions to successfully meet the strategic needs of the company and assist in modernizing efforts by planning
- Build AWS cloud with related IaaS, PaaS and SaaS
- Support business development function by leading solution development and mapping architectural capabilities to meet customer requirements
- Define and document cloud solution architecture(s) including technical designs and diagrams.
- Provide thought leadership and technical support to business development and programs to retain/grow work with existing customer base
- Support proposal development by contributing in technical approach development and writing solution sections
- Collaborate with vendors to infuse new technology & capability to solution set.
- Collaborate with ISSO, security teams to obtain ATO for new AWS services and resolve all findings
- Bachelor’s Degree in information technology and 15+ years of related experience to include five years of experience in AWS development and architecture
- AWS Cloud Architect Certification or AWS Certified Solutions Architect- Associate certification
- Two years of experience directing staff of AWS cloud engineers and administrators
- Two years of experience managing large, scalable AWS systems storing multiple petabytes of system data
- Experienced in designing and implementing multi-cloud/ hybrid cloud environments
- Experience supporting development and maintenance of security documentation such as system security plans and data privacy plans
- Strong knowledge of information technology, including all layers of the IT stack.
- Understanding of AI/ML concepts
- 5+ years of prior Cloud Migration experience
- Requires Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Experience generating and maintaining disaster recovery plans in AWS
- Expert level in Infrastructure & Application architecting in AWS Cloud including IaaS, PaaS and SaaS.
- Has strong experience in migration from on-prem data center to AWS Cloud with related cloud services.
- Familiar Hybrid Cloud and related technology and be able to support connection with Azure and Private cloud in Hybrid cloud service.
- Very familiar Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) Standards.
- Expert in AWS cloud cost model and services.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.