At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”.
The Defense Group at Leidos has a dynamic job opportunity for a Configuration Data Management Analyst. In this role you will perform document management, data management, release management, change management, and configuration management activities in support of multiple programs. As a part of a multi-company team, you will participate in Engineering Review Boards, document processes, perform audits, and integrate with subcontractors and the customer. Additionally, you will be responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting, and updating CM tools and access controls on our collaboration sites. This position is open to telework and the programs supported are geographically separated with primary duty locations of Bridgewater, VA, Aberdeen, MD and Manassas, VA. Travel to these locations may be required.
- Develop documentation to include: user guides, technical documentation, and administration manuals for CM/DM sites and tools.
- Provides drawing and documentation checking/proofing by mapping items against standardized templates
- Complete document formatting and preparation as needed
- Cultivates formal understanding of document control and configuration management practices
- Ensures design and technical data documentation is processed through the formal release and change processes
- Assists with bid/proposal preparation and planning of each project’s configuration management and document control requirements
- Records and reports information needed to manage configuration items effectively, including the status of proposed changes and implementation status of approved changes
- Collaborate with content owners and Subject Matter Experts on the creation, review and updating of technical materials
- Support change management by routing problem reports, change requests, and change notifications
- Review and release various configuration items, including documents and drawings
- Support technical review boards and configuration control boards
- Organize program deliverables using collaboration software and CM tool
- Generate weekly meeting agendas and meeting minutes
- Extensive knowledge of CM processes and embody a flexible, take-charge attitude
- Manage user accounts and access controls to CM tools
- Build/Maintain/Troubleshoot lists, libraries, automation features, and associated databases of program data on SharePoint
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- For Mid-Level: Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of four (4) years of experience; additional experience may be consider in lieu of degree
- For Senior Level: Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of eight (8) years of experience; additional experience may be consider in lieu of degree
All positions require:
- Experience in proofing, checking, and/or writing guides, manuals, and other technical documentation
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong Working Knowledge of SharePoint or other Document Management and Collaboration Tools
- Excellent communications skills, written and oral, to interface with customers and peers
- The ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance.
- 10% CONUS Travel Required
- Knowledgeable on aircraft systems
- Familiarity with AS9100 requirements
- Working knowledge of standard DoD Configuration Management Standards: MIL-HDBK-61 and/or EIA-649
- CDRL Management/Tracking
- Release Management of Technical Data (drawings/documents)
- Change Management
- Knowledgeable on SharePoint Workflows, Forms, Capabilities, and Customization
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Configuration Management
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.