The Holistic Health and Fitness (H2F) System is the Army’s primary investment in Soldier readiness and lethality, optimal physical and non-physical performance, reduced injury rates, improved rehabilitation after injury, and increased overall effectiveness of the Total Army. The system empowers and equips Soldiers to take charge of their health, fitness, and well-being in order to optimize individual performance, while preventing injury and disease. The H2F PM provides management, direction, administration, quality assurance, and leadership for the execution of this contract providing qualified and credentialed Athletic Trainers (ATs) who will be assigned specifically to designated units to provide forward Musculoskeletal (MSK) care, early medical intervention, Injury Prevention (IP) and performance optimization services. The PM will serve as the primary point of contact and provide overall leadership and guidance for all personnel, including assigning tasks to personnel, supervising on-going technical efforts, managing overall performance.
*this position is contingent upon contract award*
- Ensures the quality and efficiency of the contract, to include service delivery, technical matters, and business processes.
- Provides oversight for the performance of work, contract compliance, and quality control.
- Oversee operational execution and financial aspects of contract deliverables, cost, and schedule to achieve performance requirements AQLs and annual operating plan commitments
- Responsible for managing and growing teams of 180+ people across multiple geographic areas and military installations in the USA. Program will increase to 500+ individuals over 5 years
- Financial responsibility exceeding $50M annually on FFP and T&M contract types
- Manage subcontractors including development of SOWs, performance assessments, and financial oversight
- Develops and implements plans and strategies, manages employees, and monitors and controls activities to effectively support the Army H2F program and stakeholders at all locations.
- Serves as the primary customer point of contact with the COR, Training and Doctrine Command (TRADOC) and USA Forces Command (FORSCOM) leadership, and Army installation stakeholders.
- Provides support for the contractor workforce’s development and execution to operate as integrated Brigade (BDE)-based team members.
- Develops strategies for specialized H2F AT recruiting, credentialing, retention, and employee well-being initiatives and maintain, update, and monitor their effectiveness.
- Oversees and directs recruitment and screening process to ensure all certifications and credentials are valid, current, and fulfill customer requirements before onboarding.
- Works closely with the Regional/Installation Leads to make overall operational decisions regarding deployment of resources across all contract locations.
- Articulates understanding of basic evaluation techniques and use of customer feedback to improve overall program effectiveness/impact.
- Ensures ATs perform services following contracts requirements, establishes and maintains an effective quality control program.
- Interfaces with customers on a consistent basis to ensure the team is meeting expectations; modifies plans and processes to successfully meet customer requirements.
- Implements customer satisfaction processes.
- Captures and reports metrics.
- Leads investigations for corrective actions/nonconformance.
- Generates and submits a Monthly Status Reports (MSR) and other deliverables as needed.
- Works with corporate resources and functional departments to ensure effective delivery of services, including recruitment, human resources, quality assurance, and contracts.
- Provides direction to subcontractor points of contact and effective oversight of subcontractor workforce.
- A master’s degree from an accredited university or college in business, management, or operations and/or similar academic profession with at least 6 years of demonstrated program manager experience.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment with remotely located team members.
- Minimum of five years of experience managing, staffing, overseeing, and completing large government projects of geographically dispersed locations (500+ personnel at 25+ Army installations)
- Exceptional leadership and stakeholder management skills and ability.
- Local and long distance travel may be required to perform services. Travel may be required in order to accomplish mission goals to include evenings and weekends with the ability to use all modes of transportation.
- Knowledge of emerging best practices within the health and fitness industry.
- Ability to gain access to military bases and follow security, environmental, and cyber regulations. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, and PowerPoint software applications.
- This position requires access to US Government facilities and systems.
- US Citizenship, a valid driver’s license, auto insurance and reliable transportation to travel to assigned locations and nearby facilities is required.
- Flexibility to work non-standard hours as needed in order to properly serve and assist clients.
- Work is generally performed in a normal office environment where there is minimal exposure to unpleasant and/or hazardous working conditions. Job assignments may require working at client site where working conditions may vary.
- An active Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Professional or PMI Program Management Professional (PgMP®) Certification.
- Experience working with a military or DoD organization(s).
- Educational or professional background in exercise science, health science, physical education, human performance, kinesiology, sport sciences and/or sport psychology is a plus.
- Licensed and NATA board certified ATC.
- Knowledge of military lifestyle through personal and/or professional experience - in depth understanding about the military culture and the command structure.
- Military leadership experience is a plus.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.