The selected individual will be responsible for ensuring the highest quality service is provided to the customer through the performance of regularly scheduled internal process audits and the consistent facilitation of structured improvement activities. He/she will be an agent for change and must possess high energy, have a passion for Quality, and be self-motivated. The environment demands the ability to quickly establish solid working relationships with coworkers and customers to effectively integrate into a complex technical program with many moving parts.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage program instantiation of the Quality Management System (QMS)
- Perform continuous product and process improvement activities
- Deploy and implement appropriate QMS processes
- Implement audit practices for internal processes and products
- Ensure adherence to all standards, company policies, and best practices
- Develop standards for program performance metrics and monitor program performance
- Create and maintain tracking systems for performance metrics
- Analyze trends found in performance metrics and develop and implement quality improvement plans
- Provide Program and company Managers with timely metrics, and audit outcomes to gauge progress towards quality objectives
- Ensure data integrity in the agile management tool and other program documentation repositories
- Review and and submit contract deliverables and reports
- Coordinate with various program teams - both technical and non-technical – in developing quality metrics and continuous improvement and report to upper level management on Quality Achievement
- Act as liaison for enterprise quality initiatives
- Masters with 15 – 20 years of prior relevant experience or Doctorate with 13 – 16 years of prior relevant experience.
- Additional experience may be substituted for a Degree.
- Experience with Software Development and IT Service Management Projects
- Experience auditing to external quality standards such as ISO9001/ISO20000/CMMI
- Experience managing and developing performance metrics
- Ability to multi-task, complete tasks without direct supervision, and function effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, & Project)
- Ability to support limited local and domestic travel
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Must be an independent thinker capable of working proficiently independently as well as within a team
- Certified Lean Six-Sigma Green or Black Belt
- Understanding of ITIL principles (ITIL Foundation training or equivalent)
- Formal auditor training
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected]leidos.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.