Leidos Digital Solutions, Inc. (LDSI) has an opportunity for an Entry Level Junior Project Manager to join our team in leading a variety of technical projects supporting our internal program and customers. This position reports to our offices in Vienna, VA. The Junior Project Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, securing and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of DSI program goals and objectives. The candidate will be under the leadership and guidance of the Customer Assurance Manager while also expected to work independently.
If you have an interest in joining a dynamic and respected team and working with high profile Capitol Hill clients, this is for you. You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment, enjoy flexible work arrangements, and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth.
This role is responsible for leading both short-term technical projects as well as working closely with program managers to capture and derive program requirements, track and report task statuses, and ensure tasks are executed efficiently and on schedule. The candidate interacts with multiple team members and management levels across the DSI program as well as customers. Project types may include program process improvements, business process analysis, CRM workflow design, IT equipment tracking and upgrades, customer software and server upgrades, internal systems management and financial tracking.
Responsibilities may also include:
- Providing day-to-day oversight on multiple projects.
- Driving process improvements and innovation within project teams.
- Establishing and documenting business processes and training staff.
- Managing change control requests including system and reporting changes.
- Prepare documentation on processes, SOP guides and instructional documents for the program.
- Lead varied business process analysis and workflow configuration projects.
- Configuration management documentation for our development and operations environments.
- Review of technical documentation content for accuracy and proper correlation across multiple functional areas.
- Manage creation, receipt, and delivery of contractually required documentation.
Please Note: Must be available to report to our Vienna office periodically for onboarding and then regularly after pandemic concerns conclude. This is subject to change based on Leidos, customers and local policy related to pandemic remote work.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills):
- Requires a BA degree OR additional relevant years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree and 1 year prior relevant experience.
- Project Management and leadership skills with ability to collaborate and encourage cooperation from individuals across teams to complete project milestones on time.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to evaluate processes and improve workflow.
- Complex problem solving and critical thinking skills—able to identify intricate problems and to articulate strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions.
- Proficiency in all MS Office suite components –Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Advanced skills in using MS Excel (Pivot Tables and charts, advanced formulas, etc.).
- Strong business communication and documentation skills.
- Capability of learning a CRM and other systems in minimal time.
- Ability to obtain Public Trust security clearance.
- Knowledge of CRM software programs and background in understanding IT environments. Familiarity with web-based software applications, database principles and basic IT and networking principles is also a strong plus.
- Experience using the Intranet Quorum (IQ) software.
- PMP Certification.
- Familiarity with or experience working in a Congressional office with constituent communications, casework or other services.
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.