The Leidos Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a Business Analyst to support a program for the FDA in Rockville, MD and Baltimore, MD.
The Systems for Inspections, Recalls, Compliance Enforcement (SIRCE) and Imports program supports the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Office of Regulatory Affairs’ (ORA) critical work to safeguard the foods, drugs, devices, biologics, and veterinary products that the Agency regulates. These systems continue to evolve to meet emerging business needs and to support new mandates and initiatives. It is important to analyze and implement advances in technologies that will improve efficiency and performance leading to greater user satisfaction and reducing the cost of operations and maintenance (O&M). Effort is underway to develop state of the art applications that can be used on various platforms and to retire some of the legacy systems with modern and efficient applications.
Specific roles & responsibilities for the Business Analyst position include but are not limited to the following:
- Analysis, development, and presentation of requirements based on FDA business and project needs.
- Actively participate in the discovery/validation/verification process throughout the development life cycle.
- Identify, evaluate and demonstrate solutions to complex system problems.
- Create/manage requirements in Jira and generate requirement documents.
- Prepare briefings and demonstrations of capability and participate in collaboration activities to get inputs from FDA stakeholders on new requirements.
- Develop artifacts for customer deliverables supporting requirements including mock up diagrams, requirements mapping, and supporting EPLC documentation.
- Actively engage in process improvement initiatives.
Education and Experience
Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, At least 2 years of related experience or Masters Degree in lieu of experience.
- Experience gathering user requirements and converting them into user story and acceptance criteria requirements.
- Experience with workflow analysis and process modeling.
- Demonstrated understanding of full software development life cycle.
- Hands on experience in working with customers to define/optimize their business processes, breaking them down into requirements, and helping to define the implementation through available technologies.
- Good understanding of Agile development methodology.
- Hands on experience with a requirements management tool.
- Experience developing documentation including specifications, procedures, process flow diagrams, work instructions, and protocols for processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience working directly with customers to discuss their requirements and objectives.
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance is required.
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence.
- FDA domain knowledge.
- Familiar with Safe Agile development methodology.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Systems Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.