Join the Leidos NISC IV program as an Eastern Service Center Quality Control Group Technical Writer. The NISC IV contract provides technical support to various Air Traffic Control Towers, Terminal Radar Approach Controls (TRACON), Air Route Traffic Control Centers (ARTCC), the FAA Air Traffic Organization headquarters and Regional Offices.
We are seeking a talented and energetic candidate in College Park, GA, to work with the best and brightest employees around the country in creating innovative all-encompassing solutions for our Aviation Safety programs. You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment, enjoy flexible work arrangements, and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth.
In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to communicate complicated problems in a concise manner, as well as solve complex problems using available tools.
The candidate selected will provide professional technical writing services for the ATO Eastern Service Center Quality Control Group. The candidate will perform preliminary reviews of Safety Risk Management Documents (SRMDs), assist with writing Safety Risk Management Documents, and ensure consistently formatted documents. The candidate will support the Safety Management System (SMS) Specialists with Safety Risk Management panels. In addition to the primary Safety Risk Management Documents work, the candidate will complete technical writing duties for the Quality Control Group, including but not limited to, newsletter articles, special project, and scripts for informational programs. Project work activities have a direct impact on objectives of ATO internal organizations. The candidate will provide support toward other Quality Control projects, as required.
- Write Safety Risk Management Documents and other safety-related documents that are clear, grammatically correct, and follow Safety Risk Management guidelines.
- Coordinate and consult with subject matter experts to fulfill requests regarding the composition and development of a variety of written responses.
- Work closely with Quality Control Group personnel to identify documentation needs and evaluate content for technical accuracy.
- Review technical content for readability, clarity, consistency, completeness, accuracy, tone, organization, usability, and visual design.
- Draft executive summaries, introductions, project briefs, cover letters, and custom deliverables with layout and graphics, based on existing material and independent research.
Please Note: Must be able to work onsite in College Park, GA. (once temporary Pandemic related remote work is over or when asked to return to the office).
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills):
Have superior writing and communication skills to:
- Provide clear, concise, and compelling written responses to both internal and public documents. Must have experience in writing and/or editing a variety of material such as research reports, controlled correspondence, reports, briefing papers specific to the needs and knowledge of the target audience, while applying grammar, punctuation, style, accuracy, and format requirements. Analyze data and/or technical input, extract the appropriate information, and construct a strong written response or document. Take complex and copious information, condense it, and accurately bring it to the point.
- Create meaningful presentations and handouts.
- Understand air traffic control, technical operations, and aviation-related terminology and concepts.
- Be proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, One Note, Zoom/virtual meeting applications, database management applications, and ability to use the internet as a data-gathering tool.
- Ability to obtain Public Trust security clearance.
- Usually requires, BA/BS Degree and 8 years of prior relevant experience OR Masters Degree with 6 years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of relevant prior experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
Additional Attributes that will help ensure success:
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, high-level capacity to multi-task and strong organizational skills.
- Strong research, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Experience within the federal government, preferably the FAA.
- Ability to collaborate with program analysts, stakeholders, and Quality Control Group personnel to clarify messaging, document objectives, factual correctness, and customer preferences.
- Ability to prioritize and work independently as well as with others.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with multi-disciplinary subject matter experts using strong organizational and facilitation skills.
- Previous experience at a FAA level 10/11/12 Air Traffic Control facility will receive preference.
- FAA management and/or Staff experience.
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Writing and Editing
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.