Be part of a dynamic team in providing legal and technical services to support the Department of Justice and other U.S. Government agencies. From emails and instant messages, to serves, electronic devices, and social media systems, we’re equipped to meet the challenge of forensically capturing, reviewing, and illuminating the “smoking gun” evidence. Join us and make a difference.
Leidos is looking for a top notch candidate to perform Paralegal functions, in support of one of our federal agency customers in Brooklyn, NY.
This position is expected to start on June 1, 2021. However, employment is contingent on ability to successfully obtain a minimum of a Public Trust Waiver prior to your start date as well as the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Suitability Determination for the duration of this position
The Employee will provide a variety of legal support assistance services. Overtime and travel may be required as needed with proper authorization. Individual may support any division/section within depending on the needs of the office at time of hire.
Typical assignments include the following but not limited to:
- While complying with established procedures: compiles, prepares, and summarizes relevant materials for use by attorneys in discovery and in preparation of motions, briefs and other legal documents;
- Summarizes depositions and other transcripts
- Maintains case files
- Performs simple legal research; indexes, tracks and controls document discovery (including documents produced and received in discovery)
- Indexes, tracks and exhibits and other materials at depositions and at trial
- Prepares exhibit cross-references
- Assists attorneys in courtroom
- Reviews documents for relevance and privilege according to established guidelines and criteria
- Other examples of the types of work to be performed include compilation of documents for FOIA, production requests, Congressional inquiries, etc.
- Performs other miscellaneous tasks
The above mentioned duties may be performed as single functions or in combination with one another.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Paralegal certificate, or JD, or currently attending an ABA-accredited law school, having completed at least one year of study.
- At least one year of litigation paralegal experience.
- Basic legal knowledge, including knowledge of standard legal citation to cite check legal motions and memorandum.
- Sufficient experience with legal research tools such as LEXIS and Westlaw to perform basic legal research.
- Thorough knowledge and hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including word processing, databases (such as document review and file management systems), spreadsheets, imaging, and hardware systems.
- Basic familiarity with ESI tools and knowledge of eDiscovery procedures and resources.
- Ability to consistently deliver highest quality work under extreme pressure.
- Some walking, standing, bending and carrying of small office items
- Ability to obtain a security clearance.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Experience working in a Government and/or Litigation Support environment in conjunction with basic qualifications, is strongly preferred.
- Automated litigation support experience.
- Trial experience very helpful.
- Current or active clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:SCA Paralegal
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.