Be part of a dynamic team in providing legal and technical services to support the Department of Justice and other U.S. Government agencies. From emails and instant messages, to serves, electronic devices, and social media systems, we’re equipped to meet the challenge of forensically capturing, reviewing, and illuminating the “smoking gun” evidence. Join us and make a difference.
Leidos is looking for a top notch candidate to perform legal support services, in support of one of our federal agency customers in Brooklyn, NY.
This position is expected to start on June 1, 2021. However, employment is contingent on ability to successfully obtain a minimum of a Public Trust Waiver prior to your start date as well as the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Suitability Determination for the duration of this position
The Employee will provide a variety of legal support assistance services. Overtime and travel may be required as needed with proper authorization. Individual may support any division/section within depending on the needs of the office at time of hire.
Typical assignments include the following but not limited to:
- In addition to performing functions of Document Management Technician, performs moderately complex litigation support tasks, including, for example, detailed review and analysis of case materials in a broad range of subject matters, such as financial records, health care materials, and other litigation files;
- Detailed indexing of case files;
- Drafting procedures for accomplishing litigation support assignments;
- Document acquisition related tasks; and conducting database searches.
- Proofreads and edits deliverable products.
- Sometimes serves as "team leader" for larger group of Document Management Technicians and clerical support staff.
- Often works with minimal supervision. Reports to Task Supervisor, Project Supervisor or designated personnel.
- Performs other miscellaneous tasks.
The above mentioned duties may be performed as single functions or in combination with one another.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- One year of experience on major litigation support projects or undergraduate degree. Certain assignments may require experience or substantial undergraduate coursework in, for example, finance/accounting, health care, or substantial experience in the legal environment or in information technology.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a team environment.
- Requires hands-on familiarity with the Government's office and network environment, including but not limited to, data processing environments, including office automation networks, PC-based databases and other applications, internet and server-based databases and other applications, such as Oracle, Relativity or other document review platform, Trial Director, etc.
- Should be a knowledgeable user of the Government's office and network environment, including but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheet, imaging, and hardware systems.
- Ability to consistently deliver highest quality work under extreme pressure.
- Some walking, standing, bending and carrying of small office items
- Ability to obtain a security clearance.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Experience working in a Government and/or Litigation Support environment in conjunction with basic qualifications, is strongly preferred.
- Trial experience very helpful.
- Current or active clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:SCA General Clerk
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.