Leidos' Military & Veterans Health Solutions Organization is currently seeking a Vice President for our Veterans Affairs (VA) Solutions business. Leidos is a Top 10 Health IT provider drawing on decades of success in delivering solutions to meet the healthcare challenges of today. Our unique position as a technology company with deep health and life sciences expertise equips us to transform patient care, as well as provider and payer operations in commercial and government health organizations. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. We are looking for talented people to join our team and help us revolutionize the future of health.
This position will be based in Reston, VA. The Vice President of VA Health Solutions is responsible for a geographically dispersed organization with multiple programs serving the United States Department of Veterans Affairs. The successful candidate will be responsible for executing, diversifying and growing the business to ensure the Veterans Affairs team is the leader in designing, architecting, developing, operating, and sustaining mission-focused health enterprise systems across the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Directs the overall management of operations within a "Line" of businesses in a particular Group operation. One organization layer below an Operations Manager. The VA Solutions business currently has 351 employees and 400+ subcontractors.
- Responsible for a profit and loss center and for directing a team of managers/leads to ensure the attainment of operational, financial and strategic business goals. Responsible for selecting, organizing and managing Division leadership.
- Responsible for establishing objectives, plans and budgets, typically relying on senior management for setting strategic direction, guidance and company-wide policies that are implemented within the Division.
- Communicates and negotiates with leaders within and outside of the company. Primary liaison between Division and executive management.
- Develops, maintains, and leverages customer relationships. Drives the importance of those relationships through the organization.
- Develops, maintains, and leverages relationships with suppliers.
- Actively engages in new business and contract growth activities. Chairs all gate reviews at the Division authority level. Presents gate review material at Operations and Group Level gate reviews.
- Develops employee base to achieve high degree of employee retention and performance, including the identification and development of future leaders in Leidos.
- Makes performance-based personnel decisions to ensure customer and corporate commitments are met.
- Manages organizational compliance with Leidos policies and procedures.
- By personal example, sets the tone and direction for moral and ethical leadership for the Health Group. Continues to build a culture grounded in the Leidos values, beliefs and expectations and highest standards of ethical and respectful behavior. Promotes improved diversity and inclusion, transparency and cross-group collaboration.
- Actively engages in strategic initiatives within the Military and Veterans Health Solutions Operation and Leidos Health Group to support the success of the entire organization.
- Provides backup support to Sr. Vice President of the Military and Veterans Health Solutions Operation as needed.
CUSTOMER SCOPE: Department of Veterans Affairs
- Oversees multiple programs and contracts within the Operation Division for a number of distinct and related customers within VA
- Leads staff to achieve a high degree of customer affinity with all programs and maintains Leidos positive brand recognition throughout VA.
- Develops trusting relationships within VA such that VA leaders count on Leidos for thought leadership and proactively reach out to Leidos for ideas when problems and new initiatives arise.
- Ensures that return on capital is maximized and short- and long-term objectives are met for Division.
- Holds ultimate accountability for $250 million in profit and loss (P&L) within their Division.
- Makes decisions that drive the short-term success, profitability and growth of the Division. Some decisions may have long-term impact on the Line organization.
- Responsible for growing the business, inclusive of both new business and on-contract growth.
- Develops and delivers the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and other business commitments (e.g. revenue, operating income, free cash flow, backlog, book-to-bill, indirect rate performance, labor base, sales, budget oversight)
- Provides strategic direction and strategy to action plan for the VA portfolio.
- Works collaboratively with the Business Development organization, Chief Technology organization, and other support personnel to achieve business growth targets within the VA account base.
- Actively engages other organizations within Leidos on collaboration efforts that will raise the bar on our current contracts and enable growth in adjacent markets.
- Oversees operational execution and financial aspects of contract deliverables, cost, and schedule to achieve all key performance indicators of the organizations’ AOP commitment.
- Provides operational oversight and coaching to program managers.
- Manages indirect budgets to plan.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 15+ years of relevant experience.
- Prior experience running a significant portfolio of programs within the federal market.
- Knowledge and experience in managing multiple contract types (CPFF, FFP, FPLOE, T&M, etc.)
- Experience directing a distributed team, managing multiple customers, programs, and projects as one collective business.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and grow all aspects of a business area successfully including customers, people, programs, financials, and new business over multiple years.
- Proven successful track record of achieving on contract growth (OCG) and winning re-competes, takeaways, and new business.
- Proven successful program execution.
- Demonstrated experience to effectively engage a diverse workforce of employees and subcontractors for effective and optimized resource utilization.
- Prior experience of collaboration efforts outside the organization.
- Proven ability to positively influence change at different levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, develop, and foster the organizational high potential talent to achieve career growth opportunities at higher levels in the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate and work with supporting functions and other delivery organizations for win/win results.
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Knowledge of innovative industry business models and corresponding “go to market” solutions to aid in further growing the Leidos business in the VA account.
- Knowledge and awareness of industry best practices in program and project management, CMMI, ITIL, and other areas relevant to high maturity planning and execution.
- Strong knowledge of contract vehicles most frequently utilized for business, such as CIO-SP3, GSA IT70, MOBIS, and GSA BPAs.
- Knowledge of large, small, and “other than small” competition in the VA market, along with their strengths and vulnerabilities.
- Experience with breaking into new accounts / customers through effective capture tactics.
- Existing positive relationships in the VA account base.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Division Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.