Leidos is seeking a Software Engineer in the Tewksbury, MA area in support of our Security, Detection and Automation business.
As a Software Engineer on our diverse and collaborative team, you will work in functional groups alongside scientists, configuration management personnel, and other engineers. Primary responsibilities include:
- Design, develop, document, test and debug applications software for analytical instruments, such Ion Mobility spectrometers
- Conduct multidisciplinary research and collaborate with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software.
- Determine computer user needs; analyze system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems
- Ensures software standards are met
- Work with Engineers to forecast levels of efforts and timetables
- Responsible for the implementation of spectra analysis in real time executable code
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree with 4-8 years of relevant experience, or Master's degree with 2-6 years of relevant experience.
- Assembly, C, C++, C# with Object Oriented Design (OOA and OOD)
- Designing, coding, and debugging applications in various languages
- Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows 10, Linux
- Multi-Threaded programming
- Real Time Programming
- Experience implementing codes into real time run code
- WCF, WPF, .NET3.5, .NET4.0, LINQ, T-SQL
- Device drivers (windows and Linux)
- Excellent communication a plus
- Familiar with phase gate development process
- GUI development Qt, open GL with GPU programming experience a plus
- Algorithm experience
- Familiar with any type of Spectrometry
- Configuration Management familiarity a plus
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Security Detection & Automation Operation is the cornerstone of Leidos’ comprehensive suite of fully integrated security detection and automation solutions for aviation, ports and borders, and critical infrastructure customers around the world, with more than 24,000 products deployed across 120 countries. Leidos is positioned to address emerging and evolving threats through rapid development of innovative solutions for our global customers. Leidos’ SDA Operation, in conjunction with the TSA, also performs on-call, onsite installation servicing of X- Ray Detection Equipment using leading edge technology to ensure the safety of our clients, customer and passengers. The Security Detection and Automation Operation is comprised of four divisions to align with our customers’ missions and needs:
* Hold Baggage
* Ports & Borders
* General Automation
Learn more about the greater Security Detection and Automation Operation, offering an array of exciting career opportunities for the best in IT and Engineering.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.