The Information Technology Department is responsible for securing not only standard information technology infrastructure, but also an Industrial Control System (ICS)/Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) infrastructure. ISD is responsible for maintaining regulations and requirements governing federal IT security, addressing the increasing frequency and sophistication of cyber-attacks, and supporting an overarching effort of continuous organizational improvement and maturity. ITD maintains a continuous monitoring policy and a heightened focus on cyber security compliance and operations.
This Cyber Security Program has a current need for an Information Systems Security Manager to be the ISSO Team Lead. The ISSO Team Lead will manage the overall security related policies, procedures, laws and regulations; create, document and implement various security plans and compliance documents to enforce Information Assurance principles.
- Develop, maintain and manage Security Authorization and Assessment packages that include System Security Plans (SSP), Contingency Plans (CP), POA&Ms, and other relevant security documentation for existing and new systems.
- Conduct both technical and non-technical internal audits and testing to validate system and operational requirements compliance
- Use workflows to develop security artifacts
- Document, organize and implement security control requirements
- Identify current and new risks
- Prepare vulnerability test plans and coordinate the testing and result procedures
- Assess customer based solutions and provide recommendations for any improvements to current security posture
- Ability to review and write security related policies and procedures and influence policy
- Coordinate and communicate with multiple ISSOs to ensure compliance with regulations and internal policies.
- Maintain scheduling of IA related events, meetings, briefings and represent the Cybersecurity team as needed.
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the cybersecurity mission, values and culture of the organization.
- Support and coordinate Change and Control Boards and document meeting minutes and subsequent tasks. Provide feedback and approve all changes from the Cybersecurity perspective.
- Assist with management of Authorization and Assessment processes for multiple authorities to operate across multiple sites.
- Assist with the evaluation of changes or additions to the IS within the facility, determine security relevance, and make recommendations for approval or denial to these changes.
- Collaborate with Policy/Compliance Division to ensure that all IA procedures and processes are followed according to policy/protocol
- Candidate must be 8570.1M / 8140 compliant with certifications, preferably CISSP or Associate and RHCSA to correspond to an IA Management Level III designation.
- Must have 5+ years of work experience
- Must have past experience with, and demonstrate the skills and capabilities to successfully execute the duties and responsibilities of this position
- Must demonstrate a general commitment to excellence, a dedication to producing quality work results, and an ability to learn and apply new skills.
- Must be a flexible, positive and energetic team player; be able to work in a fast paced environment; adapt to changes tasking; and be able to work with minimal supervision
- Must be courteous and professional when interacting with colleagues and customers, demonstrate a solid ability to identify and solve problems, plan and prioritize personal tasking, effectively communicate verbally and in writing, and be able to work successfully in a team environment
- Experience leading a team of various skill levels.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience as an ISSO supporting major federal information systems/applications
- Knowledge with auditing security controls and financial processes
- Superior writing, communication and critical analysis skills
- Deep understanding of Information Assurance, Information Technology and Information Management concepts, processes and procedures
- ISC2 Certified Authorization Professional (CAP) or ISC2 Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) certification or CompTIA Certified Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+)
Must be able to obtain a public trust clearance.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience in order to operate within the scope contemplated by the level.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Information Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.