Be part of a dynamic team in providing legal and technical services to support the Department of Justice and other U.S. Government agencies. From emails and instant messages, to serves, electronic devices, and social media systems, we’re equipped to meet the challenge of forensically capturing, reviewing, and illuminating the “smoking gun” evidence. Join us and make a difference.
Leidos is looking for a top notch candidate to perform clerical and administrative functions, in support of one of our federal agency customers in Brooklyn, NY.
This position is expected to start on June 1, 2021. However, employment is contingent on ability to successfully obtain a minimum of a Public Trust Waiver prior to your start date as well as the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Suitability Determination for the duration of this position
The Employee will provide a variety of legal support assistance services. Overtime and travel may be required as needed with proper authorization. Individual may support any division/section within depending on the needs of the office at time of hire.
Typical assignments include the following but not limited to:
- Organize, prep and process documents.
- Prepares documents for image scanning; disassemble and reassemble various documents to include removing staples, post-it notes and other binding for scanning.
- Scan documents on large scale scanners using the document feeder and/or by placing items on the glass.
- Binder and exhibit prep, filing, copying and phone coverage may be required.
- Filing, retrieving, and copying case file materials;
- Creating witness binders;
- Preparing deposition and trial exhibits;
- Entering data on-line to case files and other databases;
- Proofreading, editing, correcting OCR'd text files;
- Retrieving and blowing back documents and digital image media;
- Tabbing, numbering, labeling, assembling documents;
- Filling out log sheets and reporting on task progress and performing quality control on the work of peers in all of these areas.
- Performs other document collection related activities, including document screening, and labeling of files to be scanned.
- Performs simple database searches.
- Performs other miscellaneous tasks.
The above mentioned duties may be performed as single functions or in combination with one another.
- Proven excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to perform detailed work consistently, accurately, and under pressure extremely important.
- Must be able to read and follow instructions.
- Must be able to understand task, task objectives, and the context of the task in the litigation support effort as a whole.
- Must take the initiative to ask questions when necessary to complete task correctly (e.g. where instructions are not explicit or appear to be contrary to the task objective).
- Must have typing/keyboarding skills.
- Must be knowledgeable user of the Government's office and network environment, including but not limited to, word processing, database, spreadsheet, imaging, and telecommunications systems.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) or other similar applications.
- Knowledge of and skill in the use of common office hardware, including personal computers, electronic media duplicators, scanners, facsimile machines, photocopiers, multifunction printers, telephones and similar equipment.
- Ability to answer switchboard/multi-line phone system. Minimum of one year experience, preferred.
- Ability to work and interact professionally and effectively with all levels of staff.
- Ability to meet established deadlines and work as a team player in a professional office.
- Skilled in meeting and dealing with people in a courteous and tactful manner.
- Requires working knowledge of office equipment including copiers; experience using large scale scanners (Kodak. Ricoh. Fujitsu. etc.).
- Requires the ability to lift and move boxes containing documents weighing up to 30 pounds.
- Some walking, standing, bending and carrying of small office items
- Ability to obtain a security clearance.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Experience working in a Government and/or Litigation Support environment in conjunction with basic qualifications, is strongly preferred.
- One year of work experience, paid or unpaid, in customer service, clerical work or a copy center is strongly preferred.
- Undergraduate degree preferred.
- Ability to review a wide variety of documents, both legal and non-legal.
- Current or active clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:SCA General Clerk
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.