Leidos is seeking a Sr. Linux System Administrator to support a large enterprise IT contract for the DOD. This role requires an individual that is technical in Unix/Linux security hardening and able to provide Subject Matter Expert level support to other systems administrators on configuration best practices. This individual should be detail oriented in order to capture customer inquiries appropriately. This role is responsible for interacting with customers to handle service inquiries and problems.
Duties include examining highly complex customer problems and suggesting and implementing appropriate corrective action to initiate a repair or return, troubleshoot in Windows, Macintosh, and UNIX/Linux desktop operating systems (thick or virtualized clients) imaging, desktop applications, user profiles, and general system problems. This role analyzes recurring problems and initiates solutions for preventing reoccurrence. Individuals in this role may be required to remotely log into the end users' endpoint (desktops and/or servers) in order to perform technical software configuration, rebooting, and other remedial actions.
- Experience with interacting with customers, senior managers, and customers, to handle service inquiries and problems.
- Develop automation tools by writing/modifying scripts for deployment, maintenance and system monitoring using Linux shell scripts, Python, Perl, and other scripting languages.
- Plan, document, review and maintain system administrations guidelines and policies.
- Resolve Linux system errors and crashes, disk space problems, huge file system and full disk errors.
- Implementation and troubleshooting of Linux network services such as NFS, NTP, FTP, SSH, DNS, NIS, Sendmail, Apache SMTP.
- Configure LDAP server and LDAP client on Linux machines for authorization and authentication.
- Build new Linux Virtual Machines and physical server using templates and ISOs.
- Create new Linux templates and STIG them using DISA guidelines.
- Manage package install/upgrades using YUM and RPM.
- Experience creating and deploying Ansible playbooks.
- Experience in backend solution, day to day system admin and monitoring, file system management and disk management and creation of shell scripts for the automation of tasks and the extraction of logs.
- Hardware and software installations, upgrades, maintenance, security analysis and network performance and tuning of Linux servers in a virtual infrastructure.
- Installation and maintenance of RedHat Satellite servers to push changes to various servers simultaneously.
- Mentor junior team members.
- Update operations and maintenance documentation for 24/7/365 personnel.
- Support operations across multiple geographic locations.
- Develop solutions to complex technical issues.
- Provide follow-up reports (technical findings, feedback, resolution steps taken) for Root Cause analysis, engineering technical assessment and process improvement initiatives
- Complete Automated patching using RHEL Satellite - install, configure, manage patches, and upload update
- Experience Installing, configuring, securing, and troubleshooting CentOS, RHEL, or Ubuntu Linux Administration
- Extensive automation experience with PowerShell and Shell Scripting for automating Linux installs
- 10+ years of practical experience administering Linux servers in a physical and virtual infrastructure Enterprise environment. RHCSA or RHCSE certification a plus.
- Experience mentoring junior personnel
- Extensive knowledge of DELL (Power Edge), HP (Proliant servers), Sun-Fire T-series Enterprise Servers
- Extensive knowledge of VERITAS NetBackup, Splunk, Solarwinds, Ansible, VMWare, RedHat LVM tools.
- Experience with the following languages: Bash, Perl, C, C++, JAVA, Python, Ansible playbooks.
- Network experience and understanding with the following: TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, DNS, DHCP, FTP/TFTP, SSH, SFTP, ARP.
- Experience with storage tools such as LVM, SCSI, Ext 3, Ext 4, XFS, NAS (NFS, SAMBA, RAID 0/1/5) and SAN (iSCSI, FiberChannel)
- Candidate must, at a minimum, meet DoD 8570.11- IAT Level II certification requirements (currently Security+ CE, CCNA-Security, GSEC, or SSCP)
- The candidate must have Bachelor’s Degree with 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Hyper Converged Infrastructure (HCI)
- Dell VXrail
Due to the nature of the government contracts we support, US Citizenship is required.
An active TS/SCI with polygraph is required for this position.
RHCSA or RHCSE certification a plus
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.