NGEN-R is the largest IT services program for the Navy. Under the Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT) portion of NGEN-R, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet (NMCI) and Marine Corps Enterprise Network (MCEN), including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. In support of this, the Leidos Defense Group has an opening for a Communications Manager that will lead a small team to develop, implement, and operate a full communications and marketing strategy for all internal and external communications activities of the SMIT program.
This position is able to be performed virtually, with willingness to travel when necessary.
- Develop and execute communications strategies tied to business objectives
- Maintain relationships and tie-in to corporate communications teams and community
- Execute strategic communications campaigns on behalf of the company
- Lead organizational change management campaigns
- Develop messaging and talking points on key topics
- Prepare Leidos and Navy Executive reports
- Develop and publish content to program and broader Leidos populations
- Draft, edit, and distribute internal and external publications
- Facilitate outreach campaigns, events and other activities
- Provide timely and accurate responses to communications and data reporting requests
- Identify and develop opportunities to integrate effective strategies as part of the broader corporate communications operation (i.e. marketing, internal communications, digital…etc.)
- Develop and maintain relationships with Leidos subject matter experts
- Responsible for all aspects of designing and executing communication strategies and tactics and leveraging all communication channels (e.g., written communication, intranet content, virtual and in-person meetings). The successful candidate will be an expert writer, master editor, and easily balance multiple communications projects.
- Writes communication deliverables for accuracy, tone, and clarity and reviews/edits work products from others for accuracy and clarity.
- Ghost writes communications for leaders, with the ability to capture unique styles for authenticity.
- Works under pressure and meet tight deadlines across multiple projects simultaneously, prioritizing demands on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. Ability to work some nights and weekends may be required.
- Provides communications support (planning, emceeing, etc.) for virtual and in-person meetings, events, and initiatives, as needed.
- Participates in meetings to gather and synthesize information and identify opportunities to develop and/or improve communications.
- Provides communications strategic guidance and counsel to senior leaders.
- Measures and presents results of communication efforts, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Communications, Marketing, English or Political Science) and 12+ years work experience tied to communications, marketing, and media relations.
- Demonstrated expertise in advising senior leaders.
- Demonstrated success utilizing digital and social media platforms for media relations.
- Excellent presentation, public speaking and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organization skills and ability to respond quickly and accurately to requests
- Demonstrated expertise in the planning and execution of proactive communication campaigns for large, complex organizations or government/political officeholders that engage a broad spectrum of stakeholders.
- Knowledge of federal contracting, IT services, and government affairs.
- Prior experience communicating directly with Government customers at varying levels within the organization.
- Demonstrated experience with managing/leading a team of employees to deliver consistent and accurate results for stakeholders.
- Fluent with Microsoft Office tools/programs, especially Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated initiative and resourcefulness with a hands-on approach to problem solving.
- Proficiency in AP-Style grammar.
- Prior Navy or Marine Corps experience
- Organizational Change Management leadership experience
- Significant knowledge of corporate communications best practices.
- Experience working for or with government contractors and/or technology solutions providers.
- Familiarity with web conferencing tools and platforms.
- Experience using collaborative software and workflow management
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Marketing Communications
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.