Leidos has an immediate opportunity for a Paralegal to join our Corporate Legal team in Reston - VA. In this role, you will play a key role in supporting the company’s corporate, securities, and mergers & acquisitions attorneys and paralegal manager. This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced paralegal to become part of a premier in-house legal team handling corporate governance, securities, regulatory, and transactional matters. We also provide the flexibility of occasional telecommute. The position will report directly to the corporate paralegal manager.
- Administer domestic and international corporate entities, including maintaining registrations, coordinating international document legalizations, preparing status reports, and updating company records.
- Prepare and manage all aspects of corporate filings with various local, state, and federal governmental agencies.
- Coordinate with internal departments regarding compliance matters.
- Maintain corporate minute books and records.
- Manage entity database.
- Assist with company formations and dissolutions, restructurings, and mergers and acquisition matters.
- Draft resolutions, written consents, and various certification documents.
- Coordinate international legalizations.
- Provide due diligence support.
- Prepare and manage transactional closing documentation.
- Conduct legal research.
- Special projects and other duties as requested.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 4.5 years of law firm or commensurate in-house legal experience. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree.
- Completion and certification of an ABA-approved paralegal degree or program is required.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a commitment to professionalism, integrity and collegiality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with senior management.
- Self-motivated in completing assignments without extensive supervision.
- Experience with international legal entity and branch office registration requirements.
- Knowledge with various regulatory SEC filing requirements, including Section 16 filings.
- Willingness to work on a broad range of legal matters.
- Aptitude to work well under pressure, prioritize workload, facilitate solutions, and meet deadlines and milestones for projects assigned.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Beneficial to hold an active VA notary public commission.
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Attorney Support
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.