The Enterprise and Cyber Solutions (E&CS) Operation within Leidos’ Defense Group has an opening for a Systems Engineer and Project/Process Manager for the GIG Service Management – Operations II (GSM-O II) contract.
This role will be primarily located at Scott AFB, IL and will allow for some remote work. (75% onsite / 25% remote)
In this role, you will:
- be responsible for working within a fast paced, Agile team to support the design and deliver new infrastructure as code automated test functionality and support existing frameworks in the AWS Cloud.
- support the design and deployment of new automated capabilities for end users located at Scott AFB.
- define business processes in sufficient detail to support implementation of new operator workflows and automated process being developed for the GSM-O Cloud Innovations
- document and understand the as-is processes, develop detailed business process descriptions and performance requirements, and measure the deployed automation against productivity metrics to demonstrate success.
- Project planning for multiple innovations being implemented.
- collect metrics for tracking and report process workflows, usage, and status throughout the development lifecycle of the innovations
- support the creation of systems engineering documents and diagrams to support the GSM-O Innovation development
- support the design and implementation of test cases and testing framework for the instantiation of infrastructure as code innovations in an AWS environment to verify the quality of deployed code
- support end user outreach and understand user needs while communicating engineering processes and workflows
- assist with identifying and supporting external dependencies where needed.
This contract includes the Operations, Sustainment, Maintenance, Repair, and Defense of the Defense Information System Network (DISN) within the DOD Information Network (DODIN) in support of the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA). It also includes support to other key tasks for DISA, including the transformation of DISA’s operational mission through innovation, and support to DISA’s mission partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline w/ 4 years of experience or Master’s degree w/ 2 years of experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Active DoD SECRET clearance
- Experience leading agile projects within a DoD environment.
- Experience working with end users to understand and document business processes
- 3+ years of systems engineering experience.
- 3+ years of business hands-on experience in developing business processes.
- Experience working with a highly technical team and in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Experience with big data applications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well/collaborate with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
- Experience automating business processes to improve end user productivity using metrics to demonstrate success
- Experience with a robotic process analysis tool, such as Automation Anywhere
- Experience managing projects across multiple subsystems/tools
- Experience and domain knowledge related to data processing
- Experience using agile process tools (Jira/Confluence/Atlassian Products)
- AWS cloud certifications
- Experience with RDBS and other database systems (Relational / Graph / NoSQL) and data models
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.