The Office of Technology (OOT) at Leidos has immediate openings for software engineering internships to help us shape, develop, and deliver new software solutions leveraging state-of-the art technologies to our customers and launch new products and capabilities. During your internship, you will gain exposure to all aspects of the software development lifecycle including, architecture and design, coding, and automated testing within an Agile and Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery model. You will join a dynamic team that is singularly focused on providing world class solutions to our customers in an exciting, collaborative, and inclusive environment.
- Design, develop, troubleshoot, and debug mission critical software source code using modern software development languages and tools.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle, working within broadly defined parameters.
- Use Agile development tools such as Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket and GitLab to manage work and collaborate with your teams.
- Support creation and updating of relevant documentation for design, development and testing.
- Identify potential roadblocks and develop around them.
- Plan and estimate development tasks and work to improve performance metrics.
- Develop maintainable code that matches specification.
- Develop automated tests leveraging a continuous integration process.
- Work closely with other engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Build software solutions where the solution is not always well defined but always considers the customer first.
- Actively pursuing a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with a 3.0 GPA.
- Experience with Java/C++ and object-oriented programming (applicants will be tested).
- Solid understanding of software development process fundamentals.
- Strong, self-motivated desire to learn new programming languages, tools, frameworks, and techniques.
- Must be able to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Familiarity with containers and container orchestration tools such as Kubernetes.
- Familiarity with version control systems such as Git.
- Familiarity with Agile Development and DevSecOps methodologies.
- Experience working collaboratively in team environments.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:20
Job Family:Intern Technical
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.