Leidos has an opening for a Financial Reporting Senior Manager to join a dynamic, multi-national Company with a key role on the Corporate Controller Team in Reston – VA. We are looking for an energetic, team player with a background in financial statement reporting (including cash flows) gained through public and corporate accounting experiences. This is a highly visible and impactful position working with and giving direction to both internal and external resources.
In this role, you will provide a critical support in the preparation of the Company’s quarterly and annual reports on SEC Forms 10-Q and 10-K. Furthermore, you will support key business partners by ensuring relevant and reliable information on a timely basis. You must be able to collaborate with key stakeholders in all areas including revenue accounting and other complex accounting matters explaining the underlying processes and controls.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare monthly and quarterly consolidated statement of cash flows.
- Prepare and or review quarterly consolidated statement of equity.
- Prepare quarterly MD&A analysis and hold discussions with FP&A over such analysis.
- Review and or prepare quarterly and annual footnote disclosures.
- Review work papers and documentary evidence developed in support of SEC filings.
- Review and or prepare GAAP disclosure checklist on a quarterly basis.
- Review XBRL tagging on Forms 10-Q and 10-K.
- Maintain quarterly financial reporting and investor relations calendar.
- Prepare and or review quarterly EBITDA calculations and communicate results to Treasury.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly Equity journal entries.
- Support other SEC filings or investor communications including press releases, conference call scripts, investor conference materials, registration statements, proxy statements, etc., as needed.
- Maintain up-to-date process documentation (e.g. desktop procedures); recommend and implement process improvements, as appropriate, to simplify, standardize and streamline efforts.
- Support ad hoc financial information and technical accounting requests and analyses.
- Other special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited university and a minimum of 12 years of related Accounting experience; or a Master's degree with 10+ years of progressive experience including 3 years in a public accounting firm.
- Experience with Cash Flow accounting.
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and their application to the preparation of financial statements and disclosures.
- An active CPA license
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.