Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Exploration and Mission Support Operation builds trust through the delivery of enduring solutions for our customers’ information technology and mission support needs. We enable the delivery of citizen services and the exploration of space and scientific advancement to benefit humankind.
- Space Mission Operations
- NASA Human Health and Research
- Enterprise IT
- Civil Spacecraft Engineering and Operations
- Specialized Engineering Services
- Supply Chain Management and Complex Logistics
Leidos is seeking a Cyber Security Analyst Tier I. The candidates are primarily engaged in the technical or scientific disciplines through the course of college study. (It should be understood that this is not intended to be a detailed nor comprehensive description of any individual employee's job content. This is an entry level position where the employee applies the basic fundamentals, concepts, procedures so as to acquire the knowledge and experience to become fully proficient in the duties of the job. Knowledge is typically obtained through credits as applied to a Bachelor's degree or the completion of a Bachelor's degree.
- Active participant in 24x7 operations of the NOAA SOC and Commerce ESOC.
- This includes proactively monitoring and providing near-real-time cyber security status and reports to enable timely decision-making for 24/7 operations.
- Operate with direction to investigate and escalate in accordance with protocols and contractual SLAs as well as NOAA and Commerce procedures.
- Perform investigative functions involving strong network engineering or Security+-type skills (note: Security+ is not required but is very helpful cert)
- Participate regularly in NOAA SOC working group sessions, to include idea generation for new content rules for security alerting and technology implementations/advancement.
- Collaborate across organizational lines and develop depth in your desired cyber discipline and/or technologies
- Follow documented procedures yet have an eye towards process improvement/effectivity
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college, less than 2 years prior relevant experience, and/ or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Degree in cyber security, information security or related field.
- Knowledge of industry standard security appliances and applications.
- Excellent written/verbal skills with the ability to interpret and author well-formed documents.
- Must be US Citizen.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance, specifically DoD/Top Secret Clearance
- 24x7 operations (so 8 or 12 hour rotating shift schedule) so able to support day + night shift, holidays, weekends, etc
- Basic understanding of cyber landscape + typical threat vectors.
- Desired Qualifications: CEH, Security+ or relevant IT technology certification
- Knowledge of networking protocols(TCP/IP), routing, and basic ip address scheme. Need to know what a firewall does.
- Operating Systems knowledge, Linux, Windows, and some scripting(PERL, bash, java)
- General Math skills
- Security or relevant IT technology certification
- Clearance Requirements: Fully adjudicated Top Secret
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.