Leidos has an opening for a Research Operations and Integration (ROI) Increment Science Coordinator (ISC) coordinates and implements pre and post flight data collections for crewmembers participating in human life science experiments implemented by ROI and performed on the International Space Station (ISS) as well ground studies on current and former astronauts. The ISC also provides for similar coordination and implementation for science experiments on ISS that are sponsored by International Partners. ISCs also prepare for and conduct informed consent briefings for crewmembers. Integrated science products as well as overall science coordination are provided for each ISS mission.
- Responsible for compliance with Safety, Health and Environmental plan; must be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing and able to comply with all safety laws and all of the Company's safety policies and rules and must be willing to report safety violations and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel.
- Responsible for compliance with the Quality Assurance Plan, policies and procedures.
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance level as determined by the Company
- Responsible for completing all assigned training.
- Prepare for Informed Consent Briefings (ICBs) with ISS crewmembers.
- Develop Baseline Data Collection (BDC) plans.
- Provide inputs to pre and postflight schedules, facilitate logistics requests, and execute preflight and postflight BDC for ISS crewmembers.
- Coordinate the scheduling and implementation of International Partner sponsored experiments’ BDC activities.
- Provide inputs to data sharing plans.
- Support the integration and coordination of prospective and retrospective ground studies selected by HRP, including ICB and BDC coordination or via Supplemental Data Sharing Coordination.
- B.S. degree in life science or related field (other degrees considered with relevant experience) and 3 years’ experience, or a Master's degree and 1 years' experience.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, excellent oral/written communication & problem solving skills.
- Previous experience in a team environment and ability to multitask are essential.
- Previous internship/co-op experience with NASA.
- Familiarity with NASA project development and flight operations processes.
This position requires successful completion of a government background check to access government facilities and/or systems. If you are not a United States Citizen or Green Card holder, this check could take 12-18 months to complete.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Research Scientist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.