Leidos is seeking a Senior Configuration Manager; position is contingent upon award of the FFSS contract. Award expected June/July 2021.
The Sr. Configuration Manager provides change, release and configuration support at the ITIL program office level and support the ITIL functions of Change Management, Release Management, Build Management and Configuration management, as they are executed throughout the ITOPS. These ITIL management disciplines ensure that all components of product releases and infrastructure changes are organized and deployed in a controlled manner enabling a repeatable process. The Contractor shall review, analyze and standardize release and deployment processes and audit those processes as well. The Contractor shall support the design and implementation of formal procedures, including checks and balances throughout the process. The Contractor shall identify and mitigate risk to ensure the integrity and recoverability of the production environment and ensure the currency, accuracy, and completeness of the CMDB for all business and technical data elements for ITOPS applications.
- Requires ability to communicate with program leadership (internally or client) regarding matters of significant importance to the organization/project.
- Works with VA stakeholders and team members to demonstrate acceptability of urrent practices and agree/accept new concepts, practices and approaches.
- Manage and maintain the Configuration Management Database (CMDB)—enterprise level; as a means to implement continuous process improvement efforts—analyze/modify the current enterprise change framework and provide status reporting prior to and/or after remediation actions/fixes have been engineered and executed; validate deployment plans have been provided and are in compliance with existing performance limitations.
- Provide customers and government lead with accurate, timely information on infrastructure system/service configuration items.
- Document and track modifications using the established CMDB—such as ServiceNow, or other VA-approved ITSM system(s).
- Identification of configuration items, implementing change control, configuration status accounting, and configuration audits.
- Working on teams to create and maintain software, hardware, and documentation configuration baselines (development, test, production, etc.).
- Developing and updating CM plans, policies, and procedures tailored to scope of the developmental or operational system.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Engineering Management, Math or the equivalent plus 10 years of experience. 18 years of relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- US Citizen with ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance Government contract requirement
- A Senior Configuration Manager must have experience and be able to develop, document, and implement detailed plans for ensuring configuration control for IT programs, projects, and tasks. When issues arise, must be able to identify and implement solutions. Maintain thorough records and documentation to ensure accurate product builds, part ordering and product and/or software updates.
- ITIL Certification
- Service Now Certification
- Experience with change management, release management, build management and configuration management.
Supplement Experience & Skills
- Agile Development
- Secure Development Operations (SecDevOps)
- Cloud Technologies
- Ability to work with large amount of data
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Configuration Management tools including Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Jenkins or equivalent
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Configuration Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.