Leidos's is seeking a Disaster Recovery Manager; position is contingent upon award of the FFSS contract. Award expected June/July 2021.
Located in Hines, IL supporting the VA Franchise Fund Support Services. The Disaster Recovery Manager is responsible for creation, execution and reporting of disaster recovery activities. Upon event of disaster will assist with coordination of disaster recovery activities. The Disaster Recovery Manager must have experience in creating, implementing, and managing disaster recovery programs. They will be responsible for creating documentation, processes, and procedures related to the position. In addition may be responsible for training and disaster recovery testing. The Disaster Recovery Manager provide Business Continuity Program (BCP) support for Business Continuity Management programs at Infrastructure Operations (ITOPS IO) data centers by organizing and managing Business Continuity (BC) project initiatives.
- Create documentation, processes, and procedures related to the position. Can conduct meaning training. Can conduct thorough disaster recovery testing.
- Work with customer on documentation, coordination and scheduling.
- Understand cloud architecture discovery.
- Responsible for creating disaster recovery procedures
- Maintain professional certification such as Disaster Recovery International’s (DRI) Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP) certification or equivalent training or experience at the Contractor’s expense.
- Design and maintain Business Contingency Plans including designing and maintaining the ITOPS IO VA management approved written Business Contingency (BC) plans for emergency preparedness, disaster recovery, and business resumption. The Contractor shall design the format of the plans based on guidance received from ITOPS IO Program office coordinated with COR and with ITOPS IO Government approval, then coordinate the creation, maintenance, and testing of the VA management approved ITOPS IO’s BC plans with the VA stakeholders.
- Execute emergency procedures including providing 24x7x365 on-call support for any emergency. May require activation of all or part of the Business Continuity plans in the event that activation is required, serving as liaison between the Crisis Management team (i.e. senior management) and the Business Continuity teams (i.e. the teams recovering operations at the alternate facilities and the teams restoring operations at the alternate workspace recovery site).
- Must have experience in creating, implementing, and managing disaster recovery programs. Mission critical applications experience. Ability to drive service level agreements. Cloud architecture experience is a plus. AWS certification a plus
- BA in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is required with 10 years or related experience. 18 years of relevant experience may be substituted for education
- US Citizen with ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance. Government Contract requirement
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Information Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.