The primary responsibility of the MFLC program is to provide a full scope of Adult Behavioral Health services to military service members and their families throughout the U.S. and at select installations in Europe and Asia.
MFLC Adult counselors provide non-medical counseling services to military service members and their families. Non-medical counseling is supportive in nature and addresses: living conditions; life skills; improving relationships at home and at work; stress management; adjustment issues, such as those related to returning from deployment; marital problems; parenting, fear, grief and loss.
Counseling modalities consist of individual, family, couples and groups. MFLC may be based out of an installation’s family center, a National Guard and Reserve Joint Force HQ or other facilities and will provide proactive outreach to service members and their families via walk-around counseling.
*** This role is based in multiple locations: Camp SD Butler Japan, MCAS Iwakuni Japan, Kadena AB Japan, USAG Daegu South Korea, USAG Camp Humphreys South Korea, Osan AB South Korea, USAG Red Cloud/Casey South Korea, Misawa AB Japan, CFAC Sasebo Japan, CFAC Yokosuka Japan, Yokota AB Japan, Camp Zama Japan, USAG Yongsan South Korea ***
- Provides face-to-face non-medical counseling to military service members and their families.
- Makes appropriate referrals and handoffs to military and community resources according to the needs of military service members and their families.
- Develops and/or uses approved training and education programs and materials.
- Advises on new or revised presentations by military leadership, when requested.
- Provides tracking of services performed and referrals made using the appropriate reporting system.
- Communicates information regarding trends and issues at assigned installation to supervisors.
- Participates in regular in-service training, quality improvement committees, or other contract activities as assigned.
- May participate in surge and on demand events.
- A Master’s degree in the Behavioral Health Professions (MS/MSW/MA)
- Minimum 3 years of post-master’s supervised clinical experience
- *Licensure to practice at the independent practice level (LCSW, LMFT, LPC LCPC, LMHC)
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be able to obtain NACI clearance
- Prior military service/military family member and/or strong familiarity with the military culture
- Bilingual capabilities
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:NACI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Certified Career Counselors
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.