Leidos currently has an immediate opening for a Technical Task Coordinator, supporting multiple US Navy programs located in Bethesda, MD. Leidos’ High Fidelity Simulation Business Area is responsible for architecting and implementing large-scale System of Systems solutions in support of world class simulation, training, and analysis products for the US Navy. This position requires US citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance.
This position will contribute to the technical planning, system design, development and integration, status reporting, CDRL development, meeting support, and fielding tasks for a variety of US Naval training systems. Duties include requirements analysis and tracking, functional analysis, timeline analysis, requirements allocation, interface definition, requirements satisfaction, and quality assurance. Technical management and coordination between Leidos teams, third party teams, and customer representatives, and the tracking and coordinating of system engineering support across projects will also be required. This position will develop creative solutions to complex technical issues and problems that will impact multiple trainer projects. This position will coordinate with the director of engineering, and the successful candidate will work on a regular basis with the director to coordinate, track, and report on engineering activities. Travel to partner and government sites to support meetings and engineering activities is required. Travel will account for no more than 10% of the job.
• BS in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Network Engineering, or related technical field.
• US Citizenship and ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance
• Must have past experience with, and demonstrate the skills and capabilities to successfully execute the duties and responsibilities of this position
• 4+ years of engineering experience, preferably in computer engineering/systems engineering
• Experience working out task precedents and dependencies
• Experience in accurately statusing technical projects
• Be a flexible, positive and energetic team player, and be able to work in a fast paced environment and adapt to changes tasking, be courteous and professional when interacting with colleagues and customers, demonstrate a solid ability to identify and solve problems, plan and prioritize personal tasking, effectively communicate verbally and in writing, and be able to work successfully in a team environment
• Previous development experience on training systems
• Good understanding of the Linux Operating System
• Familiar with Atlassian project management tools.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.