Leidos is looking for a Senior Database Administrator to support the FFSS contract. Contract is awaiting award June/ July 2021.
Multiple openings in Hines, Illinois, Remote, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
The Senior Database Administrator will create, implement and manage expansive database administration programs. Has experience in reviewing database performance trends, and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Database design, database modeling, performance tuning, disaster recovery, replication, database documentation
- Work closely with programming staff on database design to meet business requirements
- Query performance tuning and database optimization.
- Make recommendations of database migration path to insure optimal performance and availability, which shall be provided to COR/VA PM(s) for review and approval prior to any migration.
- Review performance of databases on the open systems and mainframe platforms and provide and implement COR/VA PM(s) approved recommendations for improved performance.
- Ensure availability, security and integrity of assigned databases is at optimal performance
- Installation and configuration database management software (DBMS) and additional patches or service packs
- Establish and monitor user access, security and database roles, privileges, and permissions
- Utilization of security and recovery control tools and practices for successful database performance
- Analyze business needs and user stories to identify database administration technical solutions
- Participate in the requirements definition process to better understand the customer needs
- Ensure developed work products in adherence to established security and quality control standards for database development
- Debug and correct database code, accessibility, and performance errors of assigned databases (Oracle, SQL)
- Collaborate with cross functional teams in Agile development
- Write, modify, and debug database specific SQL and PL/SQL queries.
- Where appropriate, coordinate database administration duties with System and Network Administrators to ensure compatibility with hardware and operating systems configurations.
- Diagnose and correct problems that occur within databases and application interfaces.
- Recommend strategies for problem notification and availability reporting in database software and applications. All recommendations shall be provided to COR/VA PM(s) for approval prior to any implementation.
- Develop disaster recovery strategies, and execute or exercise backup/recovery, high availability and disaster recovery strategies. All recommended strategies shall be provided to COR/VA PM(s) for approval prior to any implementation.
- Develop Security strategies consistent with VA regulations and policies and industry best practices. All recommended strategies shall be provided to COR/VA PM(s) for approval prior to any implementation.
- Troubleshoot problems and take corrective action, coordinate Contractor specific technical support as necessary.
- Support users, other software Contractor teams, and database administrators with problems, projects, and implementations.
- Analyze database infrastructure to insure compliance with VA security standards, database performance considerations, and reverse engineering of existing database environments.
- When assigned to VA initiatives, develop schedules and plans, communicate progress to management in both verbal and written formats, identify barriers, identify and evaluate alternatives. The Contractor shall participate in fault isolation for database systems.
- When required, develop and submit for approval Configuration Change Management Plans in accordance with ITOPS IO standards. The Contractor shall follow the change management process prescribed by the Chief, Database Support Services when making all changes to production systems.
- Bachelor Degree and 5 years of experience. 8 years of additional experience in lieu of Degree
- US Citizen with ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance
- Ability to work in a matrix team environment, actively and effectively managing relationships with customers, build and release managers, technical teams, product development, project managers, and other application managers.
- Experience in participating in information technology projects involving innovation and/or modernization.
- Experience developing and reporting upon metrics relative to operational and financial performance.
- Excellent organization and analytical skills.
- Oracle Database Administration experience required.
Additional specific experience in the following is also required:
- Oracle Golden Gate (OGG)
- Automatic Storage Management (ASM)
- VAULT Solaris 10/11
- Oracle 12C-19C
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) – Oracle in Cloud
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.