Leidos is seeking a Sr. Cyber Security Specialist; position is contingent upon award of FFSS contract. Expected award date June/July 2021.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience to support our nation’s Veterans and their families, the mission of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information & Technology (OI&T), Information Technology (IT) Operations and Services (ITOPS), Infrastructure Operations (IO).
The Sr. Cyber Security Specialist will perform support services within the Cyber Security Management Division. This division is charged with establishing a centralized security program to address security with projects.
The Sr. Cyber Security Specialist will keep security tools tuned and coordinated with the necessary security posture. The support services required include analyzing current security tools and datacenter environments to ensure all security environments needing attention get the attention required per policy and customization needed with the different applications or datacenter solutions. They will support team shall also handle critical/important day-to-day Change Order management and current and future security tool architecture design.
- The Senior Cyber Security Specialist has 8 years IT experience with Cyber Security Policy and threat mitigation. Must have knowledge and experience in Cyber Security Tools, network topologies, intrusion detection, PKI, and secured networks. Knowledge of implementation and security levels and roles necessary for successful deployment.
- Transforming metrics into useful information and explaining their meaning.
- Supporting in-depth defense strategies in large and complex networks to rapidly identify and develop effective counter-measures.
- Conducting hands on evaluation, implementation, and operation of leading security cyber defense tools and technologies.
- Providing support in an IT operations and maintenance Tier II role, including ticket work information updates, issue response and remediation
- Bachelor's Degree; computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is required.
- 7 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, or to communicate with co-workers, management, and customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline plus 10 years of experience is required. 18 years of experience may be substituted for education.
- US Citizen with ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance. Government contract requirement
- 3+ years of experience with Linux administration, including Debian, VMWare, and RedHat distribution variants or derivatives.
- Experience with deployment or daily maintenance of ForeScout CounterACT appliances.
- Ability to install and deploy ForeScout in a customer environment.
- Ability to integrate cybersecurity data using enterprise or custom tools data aggregation and analysis tools, including Splunk and QRadar.
- Experience operating and administrating Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) platforms a plus.
- Previous Recent VA Experience.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.