Leidos Civil Transportation Solutions is seeking a Systems Integrator who will be involved with the Federal Aviation Administration’ (FAA), NextGen Air Traffic program.
• Work with engineers across Leidos and the FAA with system-level integration of new features and capabilities while supporting the implementation and verification of system specifications and requirements
• Support numerous baselines and COTS products, providing scripting/coding expertise to enhance tools, scripts and scenarios to allow various software products to work together in a simulated or live interface test environment
• Assist in authoring and/or contributing to the development of technical work products, such as engineering test approaches, test procedures, integration and test requirements to support customer deliverables (CDRLs)
• Support system functionality change requests (CRs), program reports (PRs), HW, SW, CAS/COTS integration and test/requirement verification and validation activities
• Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience
• A minimum of 3 years of experience in system integration, system test or software development
• Have hands-on experience applying software development principles to build, test, verify and deploy solutions into the production environments
• Have a good understanding and experience in systems, software or test engineering concepts and principles across full SW Development Life Cycle in an Agile Scrum environment
• Strong organizational skills, be attentive to detail and have strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated experience working with customer requirements and specifications
• Demonstrated experience integrating COTS products, simulation tools and scripts
• Proven ability to test and integrate prototypes and implemented systems/solutions
• Proven ability to document test approaches, test steps, procedures and requirements traceability
• Proven ability to execute, verify and demo requirement test approaches, test steps and procedures
• Proven ability to investigate, debug and triage discrepancy reports
• Strong collaboration and customer service skills
• Ability to develop and present briefings to internal and external customers
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and collaborative team environment
• Ability to be flexible to changing situations, schedules and requirements
• Self-starter with ability to work independently as well as in team environments
• Familiarity with FAA customer, aviation or air traffic control domain
• Understanding of system engineering, system design and system integration concepts
• Experience working with requirements and analysis to include authoring, reviewing, inspecting and delivering formal engineering documents
• Ability to create and modify XML scenarios for playback
• Experience working with legacy system integration of complex CAS/COTS products, including modeling, scenario generation and simulation techniques
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others in a team environment
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Integration
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.