Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Be part of a dynamic team in providing legal and technical services to support the Department of Justice and other U.S. Government agencies. From emails and instant messages, to serves, electronic devices, and social media systems, we’re equipped to meet the challenge of forensically capturing, reviewing, and illuminating the “smoking gun” evidence. Join us and make a difference.
In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to communicate complicated problems in a concise manner, as well as solve complex problems using available tools.
Leidos is looking for a Senior System Analyst (Life Cycle Web Developer) to work on-site in support of the Civil Rights Division.
Please Note: Must be able to work onsite 5 days a week in Washington, DC (once temporary Pandemic Remote work is over OR when asked to return in the office).
- Working directly with Government staff and/or under the direction of the Leidos Systems Manager.
- Web based application development, maintenance, and support for corporate Intranet and application systems using cost effective techniques.
- Developing, maintaining and supporting web-based applications for corporate Intranet and application systems.
- Working with stakeholders and requirements analysts to understand business needs.
- Designing and documenting technical specifications.
- Designing and developing SQL Server database structures and processes.
- Working closely with other programmers and DBAs.
- Coding web applications.
- Working with quality assurance staff to address issues found.
- Designing and implementing appropriate security access procedures.
- Assisting with Migrating from Oracle 12c to SQL Server 2016.
- Rewriting several large classic ASP applications to ASP.NET technology.
- Performing unit testing on each module based on test specifications.
- Updating program and test case specifications for any discrepancies; and providing feedback on user interfaces, critical business rules and functionalities.
- Providing feedback on user interfaces, critical business rules and functionalities.
- Candidate should have strong editing background and ability to work with multiple groups across the division.
Basic Qualifications (Required):
- Must have strong editing background and ability to work with multiple groups.
- U.S. Citizen Upfront.
- Able to obtain Public Trust security clearance.
- BS degree and 10 years of prior relevant experience OR Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
Experience with the following as shown below:
- Oracle 12c
- ASP technologies platforms
- Microsoft Internet Information Service
- User Interface Design
- Web design
- Technology security
- Relational databases,
- Adobe Flash
- OO principles
- Visual Studio
- Entity Framework
- HyperText Markup Language (HTML5)
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.