The Homeland Security Solutions Operation within Leidos is seeking Software Developer with strong systems, software, cloud, and Agile experience to support a complex program to provide Agile development and operations and maintenance for critical systems on a mission-critical program supporting the Passenger Systems Program Directorate (PSPD) within Customs and Border Protection (CBP). PSPD supports the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and CBP critical missions, specifically screening and processing travelers at the ports of entry (POEs) into the United States.
We are currently looking for a talented design-focused Ul/UX Developer to support our program. As a Ul/UX Developer, you will work with a team of developers, requirements managers, and product owners supporting programs with the design, creation, and maintenance of our rich client-side application and contribute to other key parts of our tooling and infrastructure, with a specific focus on improving the user experience. You will be successful in this role if you are detail-oriented and a highly motivated self-starter that is able to work closely in a collaborative role with other team members.
We are looking for a user-experience designer responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, wireframes and prototypes. You will also design the overall functionality of the product and iterate upon it to ensure a great user experience. To do so, you will perform end-user facing research with our products, and integrate insights from this research into the design process. You will be required to stay abreast of new methods, technology, and trends that impact user experience research and design practices.
- Translate concepts into wireframes and mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitate the customers ' and product owners ' product visions by researching, conceiving, wire framing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mock ups.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Collaborate with other team members, stakeholders and customers
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of designers, product managers, and engineers on all phases of the product development life cycle
- Incorporate best practices for accessibility, usability, web performance, and design into our products and ultimately champion a more consistent and delightful user experience.
- Provide mentor ship to other frontend engineers and designers in all aspects of UX development.
- Perform research, evaluations, and validations of moderate complexity.
- Use appropriate research methodology, tools, and protocols to conduct user-centered research.
- Perform subjective and objective research both qualitatively and quantitatively, to gather deep end-user understanding.
- Perform usability/heuristic evaluations and validations across the product or solution life-cycle.
· Bachelor 's degree in a corresponding field related to Computer Science or Design and minimum four (6-8) years of related experience in ; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
· Experience designing with Angular, React or Vue · Experience with CSS frameworks such as Bootstrap, Foundation or similar
· Experience employing an iterative, user-centric design process in UX design/interactive prototyping.
Experience taking input from multiple sources and synthesizing it into coherent design ideas. ·
Experience defining interaction models, creating userflows, storyboards, wireframes and prototypes.
· Ability to provide portfolio of work will be requested
· US Citizen
· Ability to obtain Public Trust clearance.
Preferred Qualifications List additional skills and experience that is “nice to have” but not required.
· DHS customer experience and knowledge of their organizational structure
· Active CBP BI
· Ability to drive change based on trends collected from System and User base.
· Mobile App Support is a plus.
· Certifications is a plus Qualification:
Typically requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.