Leidos Security Detection and Automation are looking for a buyer (on a 12 month FTC) to cover for maternity leave.
• To carry out the effective procurement of materials and services in-line with the business needs
• Monitor relevant Engineering releases, SAGE requisitions and follow up manufacturing
• Ensure that all items for procurement are within the relevant budget and comply with all appropriate strategies, and to raise any anomalies with relevant colleagues
• Monitor and appropriately report cost and delivery performance against the relevant budgets and timing plans
• Consistently identify the VFM value for money source for items, within the vendor base.
• Identify new resourcing opportunities through market research or by other means
• Liaise with the Purchasing Manager with respect to any potential resourcing opportunities.
• Use SAGE to identify expedite needs, and investigate any invoice, cost or quality queries
• Attend project reviews as required, equipped with all relevant delivery information
• Carry out any ad-hoc tasks as required by the Purchasing Manager
• Monitor and managing supplier performance in accordance with agreed KPI’s
• Maintain an awareness of the progress of relevant product markets
• Ensure that suppliers are working within the business code of ethics and to the company’s terms and conditions
• Prioritise, multi-task and meet deadlines
• Collaborate with suppliers and internal customers and provide a high level of customer service, including recommending solutions and alternative supply options
• Work closely with Project Managers to understand project demand
• Provide back-up support for Procurement across Group as required
• Continually build relationships with internal stakeholders to achieve the successful completion of projects
• Attend and contribute to production meetings across Group to obtain essential timing information
• Ensure each department has the resources necessary to stay on schedule and meet deadlines.
• Always follow and promote Group and Company policies and procedures
• Ensure all Company equipment and personal PPE properly used
• Fully Understand and always adhere to the Company’s Equality Policy at all times
• All employees must conduct themselves in accordance with our Corporate Company Values and Business Ethics at all times
Skills & Attributes
• Strong sense of urgency & attention to detail
• Analytical skillset with a methodical approach to problem solving
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
• A proven background in negotiation
• Ability to influence others & manage conflict
• Ability to self-direct and take constructive action in ambiguous situations
• Applied knowledge of buying and negotiation
• Previous Purchasing experience within a faced paced working environment
• Excellent working knowledge of Excel
• Working knowledge of Sage/SAP
• Previous experience in all or some of the following areas
o Automotive manufacturing
o Aerospace manufacturing
o Mechanical/material handling
o Conveyor systems
o Control systems
o Electrical power systems
• GCSE qualification in Maths & English (Grade C or above)
• CIPS qualified (or working towards) or a relevant degree qualification
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.