The Defense Group has an immediate opening for a Senior Subcontract Administrator (SCA). The position requires a knowledge of federal subcontracting, developing, negotiating and administering subcontract agreements and acquisition aspects in new business proposals of moderate dollar value, risk, creativity and complexity. The SCA will analyze and estimate costs and negotiates specifications/statement of work, price, date of delivery and other contractual and licensing provisions with suppliers and subcontractors. She/He will participate in negotiations with all levels of supplier/subcontractor management, which may involve international suppliers/contractors. The SCA will ensure compliance on performance and act as staff expert for company practices and policies and governing customer acquisition requirements for all procurement acquisition contract activities. She/He will also act as an interface between commodity/program managers for procurement/subcontract issues and will regularly interact with customers and subcontractor management regarding highly complex requirements and issue resolution. Most decisions cover both routine and non-routine matters, which will require review.
- Administers subcontracts
- Processes invoices
- Generates reports
- Negotiates NDA’s and Teaming Agreements
- Creates moderate to complex RFP solicitations in accordance with Government and Leidos requirements
- Evaluates supplier proposal responses
- Conducts cost and price analysis
- Negotiates pricing and terms/conditions with subcontractor
- Perform subcontractor setup process for all new subcontractors with adherence to Leidos requirements, including documentation collection, submission, and tracking approval process
- Administers subcontracts of various types and complexity
- Identifies and resolves moderate issues and problems on assigned subcontracts and make recommendations to management
- Performs subcontract closeout activities
- Provide support for new business/proposal support
- Analyze risks and identify risk mitigations
- Prepares and maintains auditable files in compliance with Government and Leidos requirements
- Acts as primary interface between subcontractors and the programs being supported for all subcontracts related issues
- Regularly interacts with program management, contracts, project control, finance, business development and with customers as required
- Assists lead staff as directed
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, electronic spreadsheet, data systems, analysis techniques and workstation tools.
- Deltek/Costpoint experience is a plus
Typical Education & Experience:
BA degree and 4 - 8 years prior relevant experience. Additional experience can be considered in lieu of degree.
Working experience with automated purchasing system (preferably CostPoint or Deltek)
- Additional basic qualifications: Federal Acquisition Regulation familiarity - Working knowledge of the FAR and DFARS.
- Experience negotiating terms and conditions.
- Successful track record of managing a variety of subcontract types, interfacing with internal customers, other functional support staff, and suppliers.
- Proposal support experience
- Strong organizational, written, and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently, establish priorities, and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective relationships internally and externally with subcontractors to drive results
- Demonstrated ability to build internal cross functional relationships
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.