Leidos is currently seeking a database manager to support a large healthcare contract.
• Provide technical consulting in the definition, design, and creation of data movement and manipulation
• Assist applications support staff and users on database solutions to business problems, report requests, data architectures, database management and the operation of databases.
• Ensure that documentation is complete and up-to-date.
• Manage and test backup and recovery plans.
• Troubleshooting, track, and monitor data flow.
• Communicate regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity, and serving as the resident data expert.
• Interact with customer in response to reported problems and defining requirements.
• Collaborate and coordinate with outside organizations periodically as necessary.
• Perform other IT project work as assigned on a “best effort” basis.
• Analyze cross-technology and cross-platform issues, partnering with subject matter experts to evaluate the technical feasibility of requests and proposed solutions.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to plan and manage technical meetings and translate technical information to a non-technical audience.
• Partner with various teams to define and execute data acquisition, transformation, and processing for data ingestion.
• Requires a Bachelor's degree in a relevant field and 4+ years of Oracle and Microsoft SQL server administration or systems engineering experience with familiarity of MS SQL syntax (additional experience may be substituted in lieu of degree).
· Experience with Windows Server and the ability to install and maintain MS SQL Server.
· Ability to manage multiple workstreams concurrently, handling changing priorities and exceeding client expectations.
- Atleast 5 yrs experience in Healthcare
- Experience with and knowledge of advanced data mining techniques.
- Ability to load data backups onto servers
- Experience with scripting for the purposes of data manipulation and automating redundant tasks.
- Aptitude for learning new scripting languages and database syntax and the ability to implement those new skills
- Familiar with Database Administration and Development - Oracle\SQL Server\SQLLite\MSAccess
- SQL Language - Writing\Editing\Executing
- Powershell Programming
- Unix\Linux\Windows Operating Systems and Shell programming knowledge
- Familiar with Health IT data e.g. Cerner Clinical, STAR, Meditech is preferred
- Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) experience (File Conversion\Data Migration\Extracts)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 75%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.